ProScan: Record Keeps Turning Itself Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

I've used the great Proscan to record my Uniden scanner(s) whenever I sleep. For the past several days it has been turning off Record after I lay down to go to sleep. Is there anything I could do to get it to remain active?

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I've used the great Proscan to record my Uniden scanner(s) whenever I sleep. For the past several days it has been turning off Record after I lay down to go to sleep. Is there anything I could do to get it to remain active?

Are you recording to the computer or to the SD card? I'm not sure if the same thing happens on a computer or not, but if you are recording to the SD card, once you reach 1,000 folders this can happen. It's happened to me and the late product manager, Paul Opitz, told me it was because of a bug fix they were working on and how different things including the scanner shutting down could be caused after 1000 folders were created on the SD card. They never did get the bug fixed before he passed away but they did change it where the scanner will no longer continue on or record I know after this happens. I don't know if it would do the same thing on a computer and I would not think it would? Can you confirm if this is what is or isn't happening to you? I'd be interested in knowing. And when I say 1,000 folders I mean 1,000 directory entries on the SD card which each time it creates a folder whenever you start recording or it records more than 100 hits.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Does the Record button go into a "Pressed Out" state? There's nothing in ProScan that will cause that unless using an old old version.
What version are you using?

zzdiesel

Does the Record button go into a "Pressed Out" state? There's nothing in ProScan that will cause that unless using an old old version.
What version are you using?
Sorry, I just received notice of your response. Yes, the record button switches to "pressed-out" state. I'm using Version 16.9.0

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I just received notice of your response. Yes, the record button switches to "pressed-out" state. I'm using Version 16.9.0
Nothing in ProScan can cause this. Perhaps call in the ghostbusters.

{edit} I have no idea what would do this. Perhaps another program that was recently installed?
Does it only happen when the Recorder tab is selected?

{edit2} Does it do this when the program is loaded or after?

Last edited:

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
This has happened to me also. Not enough evidence to say "bug". If I make programming changes in this one particular system, all my marked channels will become unchecked. Also noticed that the computer running ProScan likes it if you would do restart once a week if you're streaming it 24/7. To clarify, NOT saying it's a ProScan issue.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
This has happened to me also. Not enough evidence to say "bug". If I make programming changes in this one particular system, all my marked channels will become unchecked. Also noticed that the computer running ProScan likes it if you would do restart once a week if you're streaming it 24/7. To clarify, NOT saying it's a ProScan issue.
zzdiesel issue is not the same or even remotely related to your issue. On your issue, it may have to do with the scanner protocol not supporting the Record flag.

Bug Reporting and Suggestions Guidelines

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.