Record page and post on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddubwyo

Premium Subscriber
I am a member of a Vol Fire Department and was wondering how to do the following. I would like to record the fire page using something like TwoToneDetect and after the dispatcher has given the nature of the emergency, about 10 to 15 seconds, send the recorded file to Facebook. Years ago in our town the local radio station used to listen to a scanner and where there was a page they would anounce it over the radion station. The radio station has been gone for several years and people would like to see something like that again.

Thanks for any help.

vano11046

Send to Posterous and forward to facebook

I am a member of a Vol Fire Department and was wondering how to do the following. I would like to record the fire page using something like TwoToneDetect and after the dispatcher has given the nature of the emergency, about 10 to 15 seconds, send the recorded file to Facebook. Years ago in our town the local radio station used to listen to a scanner and where there was a page they would anounce it over the radion station. The radio station has been gone for several years and people would like to see something like that again.

Thanks for any help.

This can be done pretty easily. I do this with my departments pages, and post to http://twitter.com/comstockfire. First, Set up an account at posterous.com. This will set up a free blog like this http://comstockfire.posterous.com/. Once your account is set, send your dispatches to the posterous email with twotonedetect. Then use posterous to automatically forward the post to your facebook account. DONE!

Last edited:

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Hi all

I just came across your posts. I am very interested. Right now we just email from TTD. Can you go thru a more detailed setup please? How does the page get to tweeter from TTD to Tweeter then on to posterous? How do you control who get the messages? Thanks.
Joe

ddubwyo

Premium Subscriber
After you create an account in posterous you can setup your account to post to twitter once a new post is posted in posterous. Then you can simply add your posterous email to your TTD program.

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Ok

So you would create an account in Posterous. And in Posterous there is a way to send directly to Twitter? And I am guessing you can't directly sent to Twitter from TTD, right? And again, how do I control who receives the Tweets? Thanks again.
Joe

ddubwyo

Premium Subscriber
Yes you have to create a posterous account as you cannot post audio files to twitter. In your account settings in posterous you will link your twitter account. Posterous automatically posts a link to twitter.

karlcam

Is this something that happens automatically or does it require action on the part of the dispatcher with each incident?

Thanks,
Kark

Status
Not open for further replies.