ProScan: Record w/o sound

Chris0516

What have you done to troubleshoot this?
I thought might have a couple different systems creating a 'signal bottleneck'. But then I remembered, I locked out all but one system. It is a Simulcast system. So, I know I am still hearing from that system. One part of the system is encrypted. So that is not a problem. It is the unencrypted transmissions that are not always heard.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I thought might have a couple different systems creating a 'signal bottleneck'. But then I remembered, I locked out all but one system. It is a Simulcast system. So, I know I am still hearing from that system. One part of the system is encrypted. So that is not a problem. It is the unencrypted transmissions that are not always heard.
Is it certain channels that are not recording everytime? Can you go to the Audio Control - Recorder tab and look at the audio meter to see if you have audio when the channels hit? If you do not then trace the audio back to the source.
You can also turn up the volume of the scanner and compare the differences.

Chris0516

Is it certain channels that are not recording everytime? Can you go to the Audio Control - Recorder tab and look at the audio meter to see if you have audio when the channels hit? If you do not then trace the audio back to the source.
You can also turn up the volume of the scanner and compare the differences.
It isn't certain TGs' within the system. I replayed the Recorder on a number of different TGs'. They all sounded normal. But, That doesn't explain why. It is intermittent playback on the scanner.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It isn't certain TGs' within the system. I replayed the Recorder on a number of different TGs'. They all sounded normal.
That's good. Right?

But, That doesn't explain why. It is intermittent playback on the scanner.
Is that intermittent audio out of the scanner speaker?
I don't think anything in ProScan can cause intermittent audio. I would take a look at the source audio and perhaps the audio cable too.

wtp

i have a 325.
my county is simulcast.
i get every other word when i am at home.
it works great when out.
i will be getting an SDS100 (when the wife lets me)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK then, par for the course with a non-SDSx00. This rules out a Proscan problem

That is why I posted it in the Uniden forum. Instead of the Proscan thread.
The title is misleading. ''ProScan: Record w/o sound" I know you have common sense, just not using it. Should have been along the line ''325P2 intermittent audio'. It would have saved us time so we could get to the root cause faster.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber