recorded audio of each firehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

telephone32

Hi

I have a family member that is a officer in the NY fire dept.

He was telling me how he got to call in a fire over the radio to dispatch

If I can get the date and time from him does any one have any suggestions on how to get a
recording of the radio call audio ??? I would like to surprise him.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
telephone32 said:
Hi

I have a family member that is a officer in the NY fire dept.

He was telling me how he got to call in a fire over the radio to dispatch

If I can get the date and time from him does any one have any suggestions on how to get a
recording of the radio call audio ??? I would like to surprise him.
you mean like a recording of his call?
I dont know, you would probably have to see if the communications record their calls.
Most places do I belive but keep the recording for a limited time

comspec

The calls are recorded. You have the right to them under the states Freedom of Information Law (but it may be eaiser said then done) unless there is information which is protected under HIPA laws (Health Information Privacy Act). In general, if the transmissions were of official government communications, have not been restricted due to ongoing criminal investigations (if this was an arson call chances are you might not be able to get it untill the case was adjudicated) or if provides personal information about civilians who are not governement employees, the tapes may be restricted. Because of this, don't expect to walk up and have them hand over the tapes. You will have to submit a request and $$$ and then wait a long time for them to "get back to you with an answer" from their lawyer if the FOI Law permits/requires them to release the tapes.

If you still want to have a go at it start here and you will certainly have to bear any and all costs for researching the recordings and copying them.

Fire Department Public Records Unit
Main Floor, 9 Metrotech Center
Brooklyn, New York 11201, USA.

If you have the fortitude to go through all this just for 10 seconds of tape, both your familiy memeber and I would be surprised.

Last edited:

LukeB

Could he be referring to the Voice Alarm phone? Only reason I ask is b/c the title of the post was "recorded audio of each firehouse." Perhaps a verbal came in and that is maybe what he is referring to. Just a thought.

dahlio

comspec said:
The calls are recorded. You have the right to them under the states Freedom of Information Law (but it may be eaiser said then done) unless there is information which is protected under HIPA laws (Health Information Privacy Act).

Actually it's Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Just so ya know ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.