Recorded Incidents Web page

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gmr140

I created a simple web page, and i have placed a sample of the recorded calls i have,

some from baltimore city, AA county and PA locations as well.

as i get more i will try to update the site. 100mb limit so i can't put all of them on at once.

enjoy all

http://gmr140.googlepages.com/home

G

gmr140

mp3

many of the formats are not straight pcm format, but rather microsoft adpcm or dsp true speech, these have higher compression formats than mp3.

look at the springtown fire example over 19min long and only 1.5mb of data.

the others i couldn't convert because using the pro-96 the audio cable plug wasn't wired right, i made a adapter cable and now i can record mono format to save space.

cheers

gerry

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
just an idea. I didn't actually download a lot of them or listen to them. I just saw they were in WAV, wasn't aware of what compression was used. I'll have to listen to them later. :)

jpsmith2

First, thanks for putting up the recordings...

Re: NYPD recording... I have some conflicting feelings about listening to this one. I can understand the urgency & importance of the situation, but jeez are these professional cops or what? Good job by the dispatcher trying to remain calm & in control but some of those police need to take a breath every now & then. Where's the discipline? If this is typical of how things go in NY during an emergent situation it's no wonder we always hear how communications suck... How can they be effective if everybody and their brother is yelling & screaming and cutting everyone off?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.