Recording 2 freqs on 1 computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

forress

I did a search on this but was not able to find an answer.

I have 2 Uniden BC340 scanners, 2 sound cards, and 1 WinXP computer. I would like to record 2 ATC frequencies at the same time on this computer. I've tried running multiple instances of Scanner Recorder and Xcorder with no luck. Can anyone tell me if this is even possible or am I wasting my time? Thanks for any advice.

KB1JHU

Try creating another XP user login. Start with your normal one and begin recording. Switch users without logging the first one out and start the second recording. Just make sure you have the sound cards set up properly in each. I haven't tried this myself since I only have 1 sound card, but I have thought about it.

newtoscanning

two channels

You have tow channels of sound on your sound card, a left and a right!

Just get a cable that goes from stereo to mono, plug one mono jack into each radio, then the stereo into the computer and hit record.

When you go to play back both channels will be on top of each other, however you can just mute either the left or right channel to filter out the opposing traffic!

Hope this helps!

forress

Update: I was able to record from my 2 scanners onto 1 computer, thanks to support from this forum. For future reference and anyone else who wants to do this, the parts you need is available at Radio Shack. Look for:

1 - (#274-369) Stereo Audio Adapter - Accepts left and right RCA phono plugs converts to 1/8" stereo phone jack
2 - (#42-2444a) Pair of 6" foot cables 1/8" mono miniplug to RCA phono plug

I've posted in the software forum a question about recording compressed audio files in Xcorder/Vox2File, any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.