Recording Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioTech19

What is the best program to record audio off of a Pro-106? How would I go about doing this? And, is there a way just to record certain radio ID's? Thanks.

RadioTech19

I have the demo to make sure it is going to work. I hooked the scanner to the audio in plug, it shows the radio ids in the log but I dont know why....but the audio does not seem to be wanting to record? Am I missing something?

SCPD

QRT
It is currently in production, but I am working on v2 of my Scanner Force application which will include the ability for you to hook up your scanner to your computer and record audio from it. Overtime, I will add options such as recording tags (I might make an option to record only certain tags), scheduled recordings, splitting up recordings, and other such features. I never tried the Win500 option, but mine will be free (you'll have to be patient and look out for my beta testing on the forums). I only have Pro-106 's, so my software will be tested with this.

jhwker

I have the demo to make sure it is going to work. I hooked the scanner to the audio in plug, it shows the radio ids in the log but I dont know why....but the audio does not seem to be wanting to record? Am I missing something?

Did you set the Audio Input Device under the Configuration tab? You should be able to hear the scanner output through your computers speakers. Also check that the audio in on your computer is not muted. Check that the record box for each frequency/talkgroup you want to record is selected or it won't.

Last edited:

RadioTech19

Excited!

It is currently in production, but I am working on v2 of my Scanner Force application which will include the ability for you to hook up your scanner to your computer and record audio from it. Overtime, I will add options such as recording tags (I might make an option to record only certain tags), scheduled recordings, splitting up recordings, and other such features. I never tried the Win500 option, but mine will be free (you'll have to be patient and look out for my beta testing on the forums). I only have Pro-106 's, so my software will be tested with this.

GREAT!!! I am excited for your new program. When are you guessing this version will be released? I think I found an older version...1.0.2? I will download it and try it for a little while. Sounds like a great thing that you are trying to do! Keep it up!

RadioTech19

Did you set the Audio Input Device under the Configuration tab? You should be able to hear the scanner output through your computers speakers. Also check that the audio in on your computer is not muted. Check that the record box for each frequency/talkgroup you want to record is selected or it won't.

I am using a different scanner recorder now. It records all of the audio that comes across the scanner....a little annoying....but at least its being recorded.

DonS

I am using a different scanner recorder now. It records all of the audio that comes across the scanner....a little annoying....but at least its being recorded.

As long as the audio settings are correct, Win500 will record any talkgroup or conventional channel that you select (and only those you select).

Common configuration problems are:
* Win500's "Audio Input Device" not set correctly
* Line In vs. Microphone in Windows' mixer ("recording" settings) not selected
* Individual talkgroups / channels not selected for "record" in Win500
* Win500's master "Record" item not checked (in Monitor/Control tab)
* Win500's Monitor/Control function not running

When all is configured correctly, Win500 will start writing .WAV files to the selected directory. Each filename will include date/time info, ObjectID, alpha tag, etc. For example:
102103 TGRP 0103 [Santa Clara City] Police Dispatch .wav
(at 10:21:03, the "Police Dispatch" talkgroup on the "Santa Clara City" TSYS.
or:
102257 CONV 1001 SCSO-Westside 155.700000.wav
(at 10:22:57, the conventional channel whose tag is "SCSO-Westside", on 155.7MHz.

SCPD

QRT
GREAT!!! I am excited for your new program. When are you guessing this version will be released? I think I found an older version...1.0.2? I will download it and try it for a little while. Sounds like a great thing that you are trying to do! Keep it up!
Well, right now I just finished the main portion of the v2 website, but I need to program the audio recording and find a way to capture the TAGS from scanner input. It appears that recording scanner will be first, then I'll release a minor update that adds an extra file for tags (tags can't be included in audio file as no software can do that). Then I'll work on a player for playing the file while reading the tags file. The current version for Scanner Force is v1.0.10 and is at Scanner Force: Downloads (You need to create an account and request a trial key) This release doesn't contain anything but listening to RR feeds. Its free with trial key until v2. Then v2 will be free, but subscriptions required to listen to RR feeds. You can record your local scanner for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.