Recording Default to On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Does the scanner default to recording all transmissions or does it have to be activated manually? The manual seems to indicate on Page 55 that the record can be toggled on or off, but it's not clear to me.
Also, is there a way other than holding on a channel or Talk Group to record just a single channel or Talk Group?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The scanner continuously records for replay, but only keeps the most recent xx seconds (you can set what xx is). To record a session for later review, you need to toggle it on.

You could record everything, but then just listen to the recordings of the particular channel(s) you want to review. But, RECORD records every channel currently enabled.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. A couple of follow up questions.

By "toggle it on" are you referring to the process on Page 55 of the manual?

How would I select a particular channel to replay?

I ask only because recording came up in the context of latency when pushing buttons on the 436HP. I and others were wondering if the process of recording adds additional demand on the CPU and might contribute to the latency and if there is a way to disable recording.

This discussion was on the BCD436HP Yahoo Group if you're inclined or have time to look at it.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

The scanner continuously records for replay, but only keeps the most recent xx seconds (you can set what xx is). To record a session for later review, you need to toggle it on.

You could record everything, but then just listen to the recordings of the particular channel(s) you want to review. But, RECORD records every channel currently enabled.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
x36HP recording is always on. The only setting you can change is how long it keeps recorded audio by default. If you "turn recording on" all that does is quit automatically deleting audio files more than X seconds old, where X is the replay menu setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.