Recording Methods: Voice recorders/scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwiscan

What equipment and methods are you using to record scanner transmission in this modern age? digital voice recorders? etc?

Ive never had many reason really to use it but I keep a small analog tape recorder nearby for recording with optional induction coil mic to record important telephone conversations. I should probably get with the times and get a compact digital voice recorder.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I used Proscan to record my scanner traffic. My Uniden scanners plug into my computer via headphone jack and data cable. Proscan records each frequency/talkgroup in it's own file and I can play it directly from the program. I think other software does this as well.

mitaux8030

Silent Key
ScanRec on PC with a home brew isolation transformer cable works well, but I'm about to try a cheap digital voice recorder. I'd like to hear others experiences with DVRs too.

w2xq

Mentor
The Bu-tel ARC-500PRO software is an easy solution to recording from the scanner; its VOX separates and time-stamps the files. If looking for a more generic solution, something like a SONY IC Recorder (mine is the 2011 Model ICD-PX-312) is capable of doing VOX recordings and -- I haven't tested it yet -- SONY claims 72 hrs recording at 8 KHz mono off alkaline batteries (50 hrs rechargeable). I found the recorder in Best Buy for about $30. There is also a Windows package I''ve used for a few decades. High Criteria's Total Recorder has always worked well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.