recording my commercial 2-way radio communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marsinoregon

I am looking for recommendations on recording my commercial 2-way radio communications.

I believe I have two routes, one would be an external audio recorder and the other would be software based.

Software based.
I would like to utilize VOX to pause recording during dead air.
I would like to have one file for the entire 4 hour event.
It would be nice if the time was recorded from the computer clock, but not a requirement as each interaction is ended by noting the time.

External recorded based.
I would like to plug audio directly into the unit rather than have open mic recording everything going on in the office.
I would like to utilize VOX to pause recording during dead air.
I would like to have one file for the entire 4 hour event.

I am not Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
What's your radio system like?

Dispatch centers already have this. Digital recorders connected to the console. They'll record all traffic, VOX, and time stamp if you tell it where an NTP server is.

If you don't have a dispatch center or radio console, you can set up a mobile radio, scanner or even a portable radio with a recorder to do this. Most good commercial radios have a low level audio output that can supply an appropriate audio level to the recorder. Some even have a carrier operated switch that can trigger recording when the radio picks something up.

Or go cheap, put a portable radio and a digital recorder with VOX in a box and throw it on a shelf.

DC31

Feed Provider

Works with Windows or on a raspberry pi. Use the check box to save audio files locally and omit the BCFY info. It saves each transmission individually, you could easily write a script to concatenate But then you would lose the stamp. By adjusting the silence time, you could probably get a whole conversation into a single file.

Status
Not open for further replies.