Recording of Ocean County EMS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I had a short but funny conversation with county on EMS 1 tonight/this morning, and want a copy of it. I tried listening to all the archives, but I only got one part before the scanner switched to another channel. Does anyone have a recording of just EMS 1 between midnight and 12:30a for Feb 13? I would be very grateful if someone did!

Chris

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
The dispatch center probably has a copy of it. They usually record everything and keep it for a givin amount of time. Plus its public record. You can get a copy if you really want it.

What was the conversation about?

It seems like our town's dispatchers sometimes ignore us. Rumor has it that they turn down the volume of EMS1 on their radio. That night, I had tried calling them 3 or 4 times without a response. Thinking that the rig's radio might be having problems, I tried calling them on a portable. They answered on the second try. Later on after our call, I tried using our rig's radio with no avail. I used my portable, and they answered. At this point I asked if they heard me calling before, and they said no. I said goodnight and signed off.

A few seconds later county called us, and said that they've been hearing us loud and clear. We acknowledged, and then county told us 'if you need anything just let us know".

Granted, most of you probably won't find that funny. But for us that were on the truck that night, it was a good laugh for us.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
It seems like our town's dispatchers sometimes ignore us. Rumor has it that they turn down the volume of EMS1 on their radio. That night, I had tried calling them 3 or 4 times without a response. Thinking that the rig's radio might be having problems, I tried calling them on a portable. They answered on the second try. Later on after our call, I tried using our rig's radio with no avail. I used my portable, and they answered. At this point I asked if they heard me calling before, and they said no. I said goodnight and signed off.

A few seconds later county called us, and said that they've been hearing us loud and clear. We acknowledged, and then county told us 'if you need anything just let us know".

Granted, most of you probably won't find that funny. But for us that were on the truck that night, it was a good laugh for us.

We used to have the same problem. We were dispatched to a seroius MVA, I was first on scene and needed medics and helicopter... called while doing patient care, no answer..... tried a few more times... no answer.

Switched to SPEN 1 and they finally answered.

They used to turn our channel down.

Status
Not open for further replies.