SDS100/SDS200: Recording only close call hits?

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
I have a question about recording on the SDS100,

Is it possible to record only the close call hits while scanning the favorite lists?
I have disabled the recording in the settings in favorite lists I listen to and yet I still get everything recorded when I only want the close call hits.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to record only the close call hits while scanning the favorite lists?

I have disabled the recording in the settings in favorite lists I listen to and yet I still get everything recorded when I only want the close call hits.

Where exactly did you disable recording in the favorites list? I do not believe Sentinel has any option for that.

If it was in @ProScan , I believe that setting only pertains to when the scanner is hooked up and recording while using Proscan.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You can specify which channels to record when controlling the scanner via software, such as ProScan or ARC536, but there's no way (that I see) to specify only recording Close Call hits as long as you are scanning other systems as well.

What might work, as long as you only wanted to scan (and record) Close Call hits. is set the scanner to record, then select the mode for scanning only Close Call.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
This is something I'm going to have to experiment with.
I use proscan and it makes sense that it only records the marked channels while connected to proscan.
I've used the close call only option while recording before, it works for what I need except I can't scan the favorite lists.
I thought I might have been missing a setting on the scanner or the software, but apparently I'm not.