Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrf

Premium Subscriber
I have a direct tv hd dvr ( HR24-100 ), my TV is a LG 60PV450 and I have a Digital Olympus Voice Recorder ( VN-8100PC )with a 1/8" mic.jack ,and my TV and DVR has an Optical Digital Audio output , How can I record some songs off my recorded music shows off my DVR and onto my voice recorder so I can input these to my PC to than make some CD'S or can I do something with the USB ports on my TV and voice recorder or does anyone have any other method of doing this.Is there a cable that connects to the Optical Digital Audio from my TV and than to the 1/8" mic. jack on my voice recorder or can I connect my TV direct to my PC ???

n5ims

You can use the same method explained to you when you asked about connecting your Dish Network DVR to a VCR/DVD-R. http://forums.radioreference.com/electronics/219431-vcr-dvd-combo.html#post1601534

This time it should be a bit easier since only the audio connection is needed. You probably can even get a cable that goes from RCA (on the DVR audio side) to 1/8" mini stereo plug to connect to your voice recorder (or the line-in jack on your PC's sound card and eliminate the voice recorder from the mix).

vrf

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the Info. would it be the red and white from my DVR and than only one ??? to the voice recorder or how many to my PC as you can tell I am not not an electronics and computer genious , any info will be appreciated.Just trying to play around and get music on a CD.

n5ims

Yes, red and white would be the audio lines (which you'll need) with Yellow being the video line (which you don't for this exercise). You'll need both red and white lines so you'll get both the left and right audio channels for the stereo sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.