**Recovered Public Service Radio**

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGLHOOK

n6orz said:
Cars, very often not causing a hazzard or obstruction, are being taken against the owner's will, and are being held by private companies until a ransom is paid.

How can any reasonable person consider the hassle and expense of getting a vehicle out of impound to be a fair penalty for parking in the wrong spot, or failure to pay a small tax?

If we were governed by a trully just set of laws, this would not be allowed.

I agree with you 100%. I am very aware of the private property impounds, but thank God our company does NOT get involved in that type of impound. The only ones we do are Police generated tows (ie. accidents/ State Tax). It is very hard in this industry to keep a good image but I guess that is the nature of the beast. We all recieve a black eye due to the tow happy private impound companies who sit and watch parking lots waiting.

shootinnews

Premium Subscriber
Hey I got one for you!

Who gives a rats butt?:mad: The bigger issue is why there are people here that don’t post info in regards to frequencies in other cities or counties in the first place. :evil: That is how this thread was started in the first place, isn’t it? I tell you if some of you grouches would cough up a couple of frequencies once in awhile we would have the entire state covered by this time. No instead you want to show everyone what you don’t know about impound laws and freak out on someone that has a radio that you wish you had. This Utah forum is getting lamer by the minute. It’s like a bunch of old ladies in here now a day.:(

Good Day Ladies:lol:

PS dont bother opening up the can unless you can swim!:confused:

Gilligan

Database Admin
n6orz said:
If you really want Sanpete County freqs, here they are. Please do not transmit on that radio.

153.755,Spring City
153.92,Ephraim City
153.965,Sanpete Amb
153.98,Gunnison PD
154.025,Snow College
154.04,Spring City 2?
154.055,Snow College
154.1,Fairview
154.325,Sanpete Fire
154.725,Sanpete Jail
155.055,Sanpete S&R
155.1,Mt. Pleasant/Sheriff
155.145,Mt. Pleasant 2?
155.415,Sanpete Sheriff
155.64,Ephraim PD
155.805,Manti
155.835,Sanpete County
155.925,Sanpete EMS
156.165,Sanpete Roads
Is this confirmed information? If it is, please just paste it into the Submit area and we'll actually have something for the county. My desire is to see the database have good, accurate information. If this is confirmed, it is exactly what we need. By the way, if he is nowhere near Sanpete County, it wouldn't matter if he keyed it up. Sure, it could key up something else, but if there was that much of a concern, just listen to the channels on it for a minute before transmitting.

kd7rto

I'll answer specific questions here when they are asked, but I'm not going to contribute to a database which should not be relied upon in the first place. The RR database, at least for Utah, is a hopeless mess, filled with outdated and inaccurate information.

And I'm not blaming the database administrator. He inherited it. There is not much you can do if you are handed something full of knots and tangles.

If you want comprehensive, detailed, and accurate information, look to local websites instead. Such as this one:

http://www.qsl.net/kd7rto/utah/

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
kf7yn said:
Concerning cars auctioned off by the State Tax Commission; owners who fail to remove personal belongings from impounded cars before they are placed up for auction forfeit that property.

That property belongs to the tow yard who impounded the car, or the new owner who buys the car at auction if the property is still in the car... Period. It doesn't matter if it's a radio, tools, or a bag of cash. That's the law folks..

Since the radio was never claimed, Brandon as an operator of the impound yard has every right to that radio regardless of the opinions to the contrary.

Well, if the radio was not the car owners to begin with, and was most likely the property of some county, they are gonna want it back and it's not anyone else's to take. There's my two cents.

Last edited:

kd7rto

kma371 said:
Well, if the radio was not the car owners to begin with, and was most likely the property of some county, they are gonna want it back and it's not anyone else's to take. There's my two cents.
It's most likely the personal property of a Search and Rescue team member. A county would not buy a Radius SP50+, someone buying the radio with his own funds, and looking to spend as little as possible, would.

LGLHOOK

kma371 said:

Well here is my 2 cents for you. If you would read the "entire" thread instead of skimming over the info you want to read you would have noticed in an earlier post I specificly said,
LGLHOOK said:
And last but not least, I have been in contact with the Sanpete County S.O., and SAR / Fire Depts. who have all informed me that they have not lost any radios and in most cases do not even use that model/style of radio.
I have talked to a rep from the Sanpete County S.O., a rep from the Sanpete County Fire / SAR, Gunnison City and the UHP for that area. So once again, read before you post.

Gilligan

Database Admin
n6orz said:
I'll answer specific questions here when they are asked, but I'm not going to contribute to a database which should not be relied upon in the first place. The RR database, at least for Utah, is a hopeless mess, filled with outdated and inaccurate information.
And quite frankly, that will never change unless we take steps to fix it. Honestly, you're never going to find a better frequency reference than here on RR, so why not put a little effort into making it better? For Utah, it may not be as good as the website you describe, but if you can contribute and you choose not to, then you don't really have a right to complain about the mess. That's my two cents worth...

kma371

QRT
LGLHOOK said:
Well here is my 2 cents for you. If you would read the "entire" thread instead of skimming over the info you want to read you would have noticed in an earlier post I specificly said,

I have talked to a rep from the Sanpete County S.O., a rep from the Sanpete County Fire / SAR, Gunnison City and the UHP for that area. So once again, read before you post.

Well, you can have your two cents back because how the hell do you know what I read? I read the entire thread and saw your quoted post. Do you really think they are really gonna know if a radio is missing? Or tell someone not affiliated with the county if it was? I'm sure people have lost department radios and not said anything so they don't get in trouble. Have you thought about that? Especially if the guy who owned the car, like you said, got popped for DUI.

Sacramento County (where I live) didn't know they had a helicopter sitting in a hangar for the last three years, in fact, they didn't even know they bought it. Just a thought.

And there was no reason to get all bent outta shape.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
n6orz said:
It's most likely the personal property of a Search and Rescue team member. A county would not buy a Radius SP50+, someone buying the radio with his own funds, and looking to spend as little as possible, would.

That's probably true. I'm not familar with that model.

mancow

Database Admin
A HELICOPTER FOGOTTEN IN A HANGER....???

There's an indication that your County is raping you for tax money they don't need!

That's just amazing. :confused:

LGLHOOK

kma371 said:
Well, you can have your two cents back because how the hell do you know what I read? I read the entire thread and saw your quoted post. Do you really think they are really gonna know if a radio is missing? Or tell someone not affiliated with the county if it was? I'm sure people have lost department radios and not said anything so they don't get in trouble. Have you thought about that? Especially if the guy who owned the car, like you said, got popped for DUI.

Sacramento County (where I live) didn't know they had a helicopter sitting in a hangar for the last three years, in fact, they didn't even know they bought it. Just a thought.

And there was no reason to get all bent outta shape.

In that case, Oh well there loss not mine. They should keep better track of their equiptment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.