Red Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhalld38

Hearing at this time starting around 3am CST on TGRP 30330 stating "Red Center calling division 50" and Red Center calling out different division numbers. I checked the database here and could not find TGRP 30330, I think it might be Homeland Security. Red Center has been calling out different division numbers now for the past 10 minutes some answer and some don't. Just wondering who is Red Center?

N9JIG

Sheriff
SC21 TG 30330 is the statewide MABAS talkgroup.

RED Center is a Fire-only dispatch center in the north suburbs of Chicago, RED is also tasked with several interoperability functions.

What you heard was a regular net run by RED on StarCom21.

rhalld38

Thanks for the reply. I went back to the database, just had to slow the scrolling down a bit, and found the talkgroup. The talkgroup is for fire mutual aid.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
MABAS Divisions

I have logged a few of these overnight MABAS roll calls via my Home Patrol's "Trunked Discovery" feature and posted the radio IDs of the various divisions (if they answer) in the RR SC21 Wiki StarCom21 Statewide P25 - 700/800 MHz (Illinois) - The RadioReference Wiki. The latest list of MABAS divisions primary and secondary dispatch centers I can find is from 2007. Is anyone aware of a newer list? RED Center calls some divisions up in the 60-series that aren't included in the 2007 list and Google isn't always very helpful.

Thanks....

SC21 TG 30330 is the statewide MABAS talkgroup.

RED Center is a Fire-only dispatch center in the north suburbs of Chicago, RED is also tasked with several interoperability functions.

What you heard was a regular net run by RED on StarCom21.

cifn2

Feed Provider
That is the statewide MABAS talkgroup used for communications between local agencies and Red Center and Red Center and the local Division Dispatch centers, such as during a deployment such as a major incident where resources are moved from several divisions to another part of the state. Red Center also has a backup which is Orland Central Dispatch I haven't heard them on the talkgroup but know they have access also. http://www.Mabas.org is the mabas website might have a more up to date list. RED stands for Regional Emergency Dispatch. Here is a link to information on them... R.E.D. Center

The radio drills are conducted several times a month at different times, broken up into segments.

Status
Not open for further replies.