Red Flag 21-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Started today due to weather yesterday. Joerg over at Dreamlandresort.com got a nice pic of the F-117A playing. He says he saw about five in all. Glad to see they are still flying a role in the USAF!!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Went out there today. Lots of pictures but here's a few to get you started. The KC-46 was a player!! I've never seen one in person. A storm rolled in on the returns so sorry for the cloudy one. Will work on it and produce quality ones in a few days.

Attachments

• _B0A6316.jpg
    _B0A6316.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 24
  • _B0A6800.jpg
    _B0A6800.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 24
  • _B0A6293.jpg
    _B0A6293.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 26
  • _B0A6872.jpg
    _B0A6872.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Was there an incident on the tarmac today? Based on the tower comms it seemed legit versus an exercise.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Started today due to weather yesterday. Joerg over at Dreamlandresort.com got a nice pic of the F-117A playing. He says he saw about five in all. Glad to see they are still flying a role in the USAF!!

There's at least (5) F117's and (2) B2's known to still be assigned to TTR and Groom Lake based on observations. The common suspicion is they'll likely finally fade into the ether completely or mostly once B21 testing is finished on the Tonopah ECR...or not. We'll see

737mech

Premium Subscriber
There's at least (5) F117's and (2) B2's known to still be assigned to TTR and Groom Lake based on observations. The common suspicion is they'll likely finally fade into the ether completely or mostly once B21 testing is finished on the Tonopah ECR...or not. We'll see
I thought 2008 was the end for the F-117A. I was part of the 37th TFW during Desert Storm 1991. It makes me happy to see them still flying how many I don't care. I also like seeing restorations for museum displays. Would love to find out the haunted ones are still flying? 843 Christine would be one of them. Had a US flag painted on her belly at one time. So many stories of weird stuff with a few of the F-117A's.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I thought 2008 was the end for the F-117A. I was part of the 37th TFW during Desert Storm 1991. It makes me happy to see them still flying how many I don't care. I also like seeing restorations for museum displays. Would love to find out the haunted ones are still flying? 843 Christine would be one of them. Had a US flag painted on her belly at one time. So many stories of weird stuff with a few of the F-117A's.

Nah, they fly multiple times a week within the confines of the Tonapah and Groom ranges. Most of the activity is over the various ECR ranges. More than likely for radar and counter-radar R&D. In terms of use beyond the AFFTC, I have no idea. But there's many reasons to suspect the statements of full retirement are more than a little exaugurated.

Status
Not open for further replies.