Red Flag Warning in effect today 4/9/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
IThere is a Red Flag Warning AND wind advisory in effect for most of tye state of New Jersey today. Extremely windy conditions and very lowdewpoints will create a very favorable environment for brush fires today. Remember that due to trees having leaves and being more top-heavy during this season, they are more likely to come down as well as their limbs and bring down powerlines which could compound the fire danger. Winds are expected to gust to 45mph+ through 7 pm this evening.
There have already been 3 brush fires in Burlington County today.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Multiple incidents already this morning in Union County also. Berkeley Heights had an attic fire when a dried out tree limb brought down the main to a home. Westfield is picking-up from a downed 13kV power main, whose arcing started a small grass fire on the front lawn of a home. Union has a working brush fire right now of unknown cause.

Wires down everywhere, and more to come. Going to be a long day...

DJ88

11:30 AM - 150 to 200 plus acres on fire somewhere in Ocean County Station 39 (New Egypt FD) area. Also, I just spoke with someone who is a member of the NJFFS and he told me 1000 plus acres on fire in Tabernacle, in Burlington County.

scannersnstuff

since i turned on the radio's at about 10:30. 1 in sayreville,1 in marlboro,1 in keyport.

This is from my topic in Breaking News and Incidents

Hello All,

I am currently in Florida and don't had access to any radio comm from NJ. According to the facebook Group Jersey Shore Hurricane News there are SEVERAL in the state. I would like to know if you can confirm any of them. Thank you

--- Cape May County ---
Working brush fire with potential exposure to structures in the area of West Spruce Avenue in North Wildwood. Command has requested mutual aid tankers. - Jersey Shore Hurricane News

--- Burlington County ---
Woodland/Tabernacle (CONFIRMED via ABC7

--- Somerset County ---
There is a working brush/dock fire in the area of Sweetwater Lane (in the marshy land near Raritan Center) in Edison. - Jersey Shore Hurricane News

--- Ocean County ---
The Fort Dix brush fire (sparking in the area of Range 14) that Ryan reported about 50 minutes ago is growing rapidly. Currently consuming 150-200 acres, according to radio transmissions, there is a call for significant mutual aid response at this time, especially tankers. - Jersey Shore Hurricane News

--- Sussex County ---
Off Woodland Road in Franklin (Sussex County). It is reportedly "large." - Jersey Shore Hurricane News

--- Monmouth County ---
Off Igoe Road in Morganville. PD is reporting that brush is burning on either side of the road. - Jersey Shore Hurricane News

w2xq

Mentor
Anybody have an update on the Tabernacle blaze?

Last night there was radio traffic suggesting units would be back at 6 am this morning to mop up. Nothing heard so far this morning except one short message from a NJFFS tower at 10:35 am. I'm about 3 miles from the South Park Gun Club staging area. See other threads in this forum. The Joint Base Range 14 fire was brought under control yesterday. HTH.

fireted

Premium Subscriber
Anybody have an update on the Tabernacle blaze?

This wildland fire has been named the south park fire and as of 0600 briefing on 04/10/12: No new fire growth overnight due to colder temps, increased RH and subsiding winds. The fire is still 50% contained at around 1000 acres. Today, there will be an aggressive attack utilizing back-burning, development of fire lines and aerial saturation ops. There is no current threat to residences. There will be a 12 noon briefing.

Status
Not open for further replies.