Red Light Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trixter

I'm not posting this to start a debate on this topic. What I’m looking for is others in Florida to provide the GPS locations of any RLC’s, so I can load them in my 996XT.

I live in Pinellas (I have all of them right now) and work in throughout other counties, but cannot verify all of them. I will post a list on my website so others can download it.

Please, let’s just share what we find and not make this in to anything other then what it is, sharing information.

Thanks
Michael

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Not a bad idea you got there Michael.

Over here in Polk county, we've got red light cameras up and down the 27 corridor.
N/S on 27 at the Heart of Florida Hospital; N/S at 27 and 547; N/S at 27 and Bates Rd.; N/S at the WalMart Super Center; N/S at 27 and Old Polk City Road, Haines City.
That's 5 in just over 4 mile stretch of US Highway 27. N/S indicates camera orientation.
If you're so inclined, I'll post more for you as I get them.

BTW, here's the GPS numbers, in their respective order as above:

28 10 45.85N 81 38 23.52W
28 09 27.90N 81 38 23.00W
28 08 16.43N 81 38 15.53W
28 07 29.94N 81 38 22.83W
28 07 16.71N 81 38 22.98W

Last edited:

Trixter

Been to that site and they don't have all of the correct information. They have at least 5 incorrect locations where I live and they have not updated anything in the past year. That's why I asked this group, most of us travel and pass RLC everyday, some websites are not up dated and some are not even correct, but thanks anyway.

Michael

Romak3

Premium Subscriber
Looks like anyone can send in the info. When they started usng them here, there was radio station that had people call in and let them know and they would add it to a map for everyone to see on thier website. The "hysteria" of these cameras have since moved on to the next big hysteria of the month.

This looks like it could be the "hysteria of the month" sometime in the future. :p

Russian Super Speed Camera Can Issue Thousands Of Tickets Per Hour | Fox News

stlouisx50

Come to radardetector.net. I regularly post News Articles pertaining to traffic enforcment, red light cameras and speed cameras.

You can also visit Speed Trap Sharing System - Trapster and view the information you are looking for.

Trapster also has a way of downloading the info to your GPS, they also offer I-Phone and Android Phones the map info.

The Waze app also offers this info.

kayleesdad

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

In st petersburg, south bound 4th street north where gandy and roosevelt meet 4th street north (also a popular speed ticket area as people speed off of I-275 south on 4th street north approaching gandy). And east bound gandy at 4th street north. A very active intersection.

tampabaynews

Premium Subscriber
Hillsborough Co / Tampa

Fletcher Ave / Bruce B. Downs Blvd
Sligh Ave / Habana Ave
Brandon Town Center / Brandon Blvd
Bloomingdale Ave / Bell Shoals Rd
Waters Ave / Dale Mabry Hwy
Waters Ave / Anderson Rd
Fowler Ave / Nebraska Ave
Busch Blvd / Nebraska Ave
Hillsborough Ave / Nebraska Ave
Hillsborough Ave / 22nd St
Waters Ave / Florida Ave
Waters Ave / Armenia Ave
Armenia Ave / Hillsborough Ave
Himes Ave / Hillsborough Ave
Lois Ave / Hillsborough Ave
Adamo Dr / 50th St
Kennedy Blvd / Ashley Dr
Dale Mabry Hwy / Gandy Blvd
Manhattan Ave / Gandy Blvd
Gandy Blvd / Westshore Blvd

Trixter

I have Pinellas County, except the Gulfport area, think there in 3 or 4 there. Thanks for Hillsborough, I have verified some, but not all. Just drove through Pasco today and verified them.

Trapster and all other websites, I have visited, but like most they have incorrect locations or nothing at all.

I started this thread to get the users that have verified that the RLC is there. The websites lack that verification.

JoeyC

I'm not posting this to start a debate on this topic. What I’m looking for is others in Florida to provide the GPS locations of any RLC’s, so I can load them in my 996XT.
What does loading these GPS coordinates in a scanner do for the scanner?

JoeyC

Oh, OK, I thought the GPS function in this radio determined what sites of a TRS the radio tunes to. Are you saying that it just sends an audible alert when in the proximatey of the coordinates?

Trixter

That is correct. Something to let you know you are close to a nit picking device on the road. That is why I asked for others the locations, I drive around all day and just like to be warmed of them.

kayleesdad

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

And north bound 4th at gandy in st pete. And 22nd ave and 4th street north. $158 for running red with nice pictures of your tag and your car before entering the intersection on red and in the intersection on red, says a co-worker with a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.