red screw in back of scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

getitfixed

I took my pro 106 back cover off to check the screw to see if it was tight it was and then i seen this red screw and turned it to tighten it and then seen it's not to be tightin.anyone know what that red screw is

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
yes that is the red screw thank you fmon. how do i reset it. I new better but did it any way. So what should i do thank you
You sent me an email which I replied. But did not suggest a fix yet. Let me know the top bar indicators are compared to previous use while scanning a TSYS.

9 years ago a young lady from Kalamazoo sent me a Pro-92 which was receiving very little control frequency noise Her scanner had a miss aligned trimmer capacitor.

My fix was to enter a nearby CC then turn the trimmer until I received the loudest noise.

Sent scanner back to a happy camper.

However, that particular trimmer was for frequency shift. Your trimmer (looks like T4) is next to what appears to be an IF cage which may be a coil rather then capacitor.

I don't have my scanner apart at this time.

DickH

yes that is the red screw thank you fmon. how do i reset it. I new better but did it any way. So what should i do thank you

Here's what I would do: (If it's still receiving well, I would leave it alone)
If you are determined to get it back to where it was, try this.
Look closely at the red screw. If it NOT inside a coil, this MIGHT work. No guarantees.
1. Set it on manual and tune to a weak, even noisy, weather station.
2. Note the exact position of the screwdriver slot. BE PRECISE.
3. VERY SLOWLY, turn the screw to the right (clockwise) until you lose the signal.
4. Note the exact position of the slot.
5. VERY SLOWLY, turn the screw counter-clockwise until you hear the signal again.
6. Continue turning the screw counter-clockwise until you lose the signal.
7. Note the exact position of the slot.
8. The correct setting should be mid-way between the points where you lost the signal.

getitfixed

Here's what I would do: (If it's still receiving well, I would leave it alone)
If you are determined to get it back to where it was, try this.
Look closely at the red screw. If it NOT inside a coil, this MIGHT work. No guarantees.
1. Set it on manual and tune to a weak, even noisy, weather station.
2. Note the exact position of the screwdriver slot. BE PRECISE.
3. VERY SLOWLY, turn the screw to the right (clockwise) until you lose the signal.
4. Note the exact position of the slot.
5. VERY SLOWLY, turn the screw counter-clockwise until you hear the signal again.
6. Continue turning the screw counter-clockwise until you lose the signal.
7. Note the exact position of the slot.
8. The correct setting should be mid-way between the points where you lost the signal.
Thank you all for your help. I think i will try the weather station cause when i turn my attenuator on it does not lose the signal bars like it did before. So i will try that and let you all know. and again thank you all for help

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I took my pro 106 back cover off to check the screw to see if it was tight it was and then i seen this red screw and turned it to tighten it and then seen it's not to be tightin.anyone know what that red screw is

Hope you get it fixed.

What was wrong with the scanner in the first place?
Did you hear some sort of rattling that made you curious?
:wink:

getitfixed

red screw

I want to thank all of you that replyed to my problem with my radio. I have decided to send it back to radio shack for repair. Again thank you all so much. AL

Status
Not open for further replies.