Redding Police Department Will Soon Need New Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
This week’s Board of Selectmen meeting will be remembered as Selectman Leon Karvelis’s last meeting on the board before he steps down on Nov. 30. But in other news, it was a busy meeting full of different topics.

In the first item of business, police Chief Doug Fuchs reported on his department’s need for new radios. The radios the department currently uses are reaching the end of their usefulness, and in a few years, they will no longer be serviced or repaired by the company that makes them.

The new radios could be purchased as capital items for fiscal year 2017-18.

The cost of the new radios is projected to run around $1.03 million. The department currently uses Motorola radios.

Police department will soon need new radios | The Redding Pilot

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
So now the FCC is preventing police departments from full time encryption? I better notify a few local departments that they are in violation! :p

"The FCC prevents the department from broadcasting under encryption at all times, but does allow it in many sensitive situations."

Gotta love some of these reporters.

Manny

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
So now the FCC is preventing police departments from full time encryption? I better notify a few local departments that they are in violation! :p

"The FCC prevents the department from broadcasting under encryption at all times, but does allow it in many sensitive situations."

Gotta love some of these reporters.

Manny

Yes let bridgeport know & bristol they are in violation, i would love to monitor them. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.