Redding Police Gone

nc6a

Heard them using digital on Sunday and now nothing on their trunking system.
They might have possibly gone Smart Zone.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Hi Don - it's Jake! Redding PD just went live on a new P25 Phase 2 system sometime this wee. You can find its beginnings here on the database. Redding P25 Trunking System, Redding, CA, California

It is a lower-level 2-site digital simulcast system compared to the old trusty Smartzone system up on Southfork so you won't hear it much outside Redding and likely Palo Cedro areas. They went back to Hill 900 there off Foothill, with a 2nd new site over at the REU substation off College View. That means you'll need a fancy scanner to monitor the system.

We're still gathering intel and collecting notes from the integration monitoring, but 2xx is PD, 4xx is Fire. RPD dispatch "Patrol 1" will remain unencrypted to allow the community to remain aware (HUGE points there!) but it appears the rest of PD channel lineup will go encrypted. Fire has radios installed in all their apparatus, but word is they won't switch ops over until post-fire season. And it sounds like there will be two VHF patches into the system for mutual aid, but no details on that yet, located at both RF sites.

More to follow, either from me or another member here whose been doing a lot of leg work on this. Keep an eye on the database page too for submissions.

nc6a

Hi Jake, good to hear from you and thanks for the info. Hopefully I can figure out how to get it into my
Uniden BCD436HP.
You can also contact me at nc6a@arrl.net.

geffc

Premium Subscriber
i was looking at the database and it now says Redding P25 is Phase ! can anyone confirm this?