Redesigning My Command Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Well, this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I tore down my Command Post and I'm in the process of redesigning it from the ground up.

This is a work in progress, but right from the start I can cover all bands and all modes.

Comments are appreciated!

Attachments

• VR-500.jpg
    VR-500.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 3,013

pogbobo

whoa whoa whoa .... slow down there speedy! you don't need that many radios!!!

:cool:

key2_altfire

eorange said:
Well, this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I tore down my Command Post and I'm in the process of redesigning it from the ground up.

This is a work in progress, but right from the start I can cover all bands and all modes.

Comments are appreciated!

A lot of people think I am weird for doing this, but before I built my shack I jotted down the frequencies I wanted to cover, then started making a list of the gear I'd need to cover them... radios, antennas, masts, cable, power supply, etc.

Then I put it all together in a Visio diagram to get an idea of how many wires I'd be running... that's when I found out my plan looked great on paper, but running a dozen coax lines through the attic and down the wall would be a major nightmare.

All in all I probably spent two weeks of off-time planning my shack. Once the plan was finalized, I bought the gear I could afford and installed it. The QTH still isn't complete, but I have a working shack that's neat and I don't feel I overspent to put it together, because I stuck to my plan.

SCPD

QRT
This guy's wife must be the super understanding type - letting him have a shack like that and all!

ResQguy

Meh
I just can't understand how you can listen to so many radios at one time and hear anything. :lol:

FPO703

Must be something in that drinking water where eorange is from if he thinks he needs his shack to require that much power from the power company. When he flips the master switch on, the neighborhood dims. :)

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Use a Bigger lens

It would help if you used a wide angle lens. You seem to have left out the rest of the shack!

Manny

firetaz834

I must be missing something. I've seen comments in regards to multiple radios, hugh amounts of power usage, but have not seen pics, nor a discription of equipment that is going to be used. Think I'm losing my mind here

mancow

Database Admin
It's a joke.

firetaz834 said:
I must be missing something. I've seen comments in regards to multiple radios, hugh amounts of power usage, but have not seen pics, nor a discription of equipment that is going to be used. Think I'm losing my mind here

Status
Not open for further replies.