Redmond oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7VME

As a user of the system and a 20 year IT guy, I don't think I need additional, but thanks.

Abbeyloving

How do I know which frequency are for fire and police

There are so many numbers

Can some one send me the frequency I’m haveing a hard time

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
How do I know which frequency are for fire and police? There are so many numbers.
You can no longer program in a frequency or two for your Fire Department, etc. The Oregon State Radio System that Deschutes County has moved to is a very big, complex trunked radio system with a lot of users (most of whom are not in your area). If you don't already have one you will need a P25 Phase II digital trunking scanner to receive that system, and what you want to accomplish is setting it up to receive from the Cline Butte site, and possibly the Bend site, Powell Butte and Grizzly sites as well. Those are all listed under System Frequencies on the database page. Then you want to set up which Talkgroups to scan. Just pick the ones local to your area that you're interested in. Talkgroups function essentially as channels on a trunked system.

More info here:

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Beyond the below conventional frequencies, you'll have to have a P25 Phase II scanner as previously mentioned.

These are the only Police and Fire Freqs a conventional scanner will receive for Central Oregon:
Oregon State Police: 154.7850
Crook County Sheriff/Prineville Police: 154.8900
Crooks County Fire: 154.9650
Jefferson County Sheriff/Madras Police: 153.8600
Jefferson Fire: 154.2500
Jefferson EMS: 155.8650
Warm Springs Fire/EMS: 155.6700
Lake Chinook Fire: 154.9950
La Pine Fire: 154.1750

kd7jfv

Database Admin
That looks like a PSR-410. It will not work for police, fire, ODOT, or public works in Deschutes County. You will need to buy a new (newer) scanner if you want to listen to those Deschutes County.

I would suggest a BCD436HP or BCD536HP as your least expensive model at around $490 new, maybe cheaper on ebay. If you get one, some of us locals can help you program your scanner.

Ben

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Yes, unfortunately, your scanner is not digital capable. Like Ben mentioned, if you go the 436 or 536 route, we can send programming files to you to have you up in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.