Redmond oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki7fk

Currently, you can receive local (and other) Oregon State Police dispatch on digital and analog channels. They also have other encrypted channels to switch to when they feel the need. Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) can be interesting to listen to during bad weather or to learn where accidents and closures are. Medical helicopters and hospitals are on the digital system, as is the Deschutes County Search & Rescue team which can be fascinating to monitor during missions. As ScanRite mentions, you can listen to the encrypted local law enforcement communications on Broadcastify (with the 30 minute delay) although the audio quality is not the best.

We will be interested in what radio you decide to go with.

Baker845

There only 4 scanners you need to look at. Uniden SDS100,uniden bcd436hp,bcd325hp, and Whistler TRX-1

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
There only 4 scanners you need to look at. Uniden SDS100,uniden bcd436hp,bcd325hp, and Whistler TRX-1
I spent a couple of weeks up in that part of Oregon this past summer. I had with me a PSR-310, PSR-500 and TRX-1. I realized that only the TRX-1 would pick up the Phase II traffic. I was happily surprised by how much the PSR-500 received.

I continued my trek up to Washington State where I was using a BCD996P2 & the TRX-1. So much traffic was missed by the TRX-1 I found it useless. I wish I had bought the SDS100 or SDS200.

Abbeyloving

That looks like a PSR-410. It will not work for police, fire, ODOT, or public works in Deschutes County. You will need to buy a new (newer) scanner if you want to listen to those Deschutes County.

I would suggest a BCD436HP or BCD536HP as your least expensive model at around $490 new, maybe cheaper on ebay. If you get one, some of us locals can help you program your scanner.

Ben
Hello there I need some help with my new scanner to program it I got the bcd536hp

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Hello there I need some help with my new scanner to program it I got the bcd536hp

Here‘s some of the best resources for learning the 536:

BCD436HP and BCD536HP Scanner FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

BCDX36HP Sentinel Software Manual

All modern scanners have a learning curve, so expect to spend some time reading and learning by trial & error. In time it will all make sense! Meanwhile the Zip Code scan method will get you started quickly. But you really need to learn Sentinel and master the art of Favorites Lists to get the most out of that radio.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.