refurb 1065's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSK

I wonder why they are called refurbished when Whistler restored them to working condition? It would seem to me that if the maker sends it out the door working like new it would not have to be titled refurbished.

They are still selling this unit new for $399.95. Makes me wonder what's wrong with the "refurbished" units?

TAbirdman

no different than the 1080's that went super fast that last time Whistler had "refurbished" units I would guess.

DJ11DLN

I wonder why they are called refurbished when Whistler restored them to working condition? It would seem to me that if the maker sends it out the door working like new it would not have to be titled refurbished.

They are still selling this unit new for $399.95. Makes me wonder what's wrong with the "refurbished" units?
I would suspect that these are warranty returns that have had whatever was wrong with them fixed -- "restored to working condition" -- and now being sold off to recoup some of the investment they have in them. That's how refurbishing usually works in electronics.

I've had a number of refurb devices over the years...only one turned out to be a clinker, the others seemed to perform better than comparable new stuff. Probably because a technician had gone through it and everything was aligned properly, instead of a factory hack getting it "close enough." If I wanted one of those, I wouldn't be afraid of them. Already got a Pro-197 that I am going to hate retiring...but p.2 is a-coming and I've developed an unfortunate DMR addiction.:(

madr68

Whistler Sale for Scanner WS1065r 165.00

I just ordered one thought I would share.

whistlergroup.com/collections/clearance-items/products/refurbished-ws1065-desktop-mobile-scanner-radio?lshst=collection

moze229

Just noticed this on Whistler's website: https://whistlergroup.com/collectio...desktop-mobile-scanner-radio?lshst=collection Wonder if they will disappear as fast as the 1080's did, :)

This is a good buy, guys. I waited for a few weeks, watching the site every day waiting for the 1080s to go back up. Just last week I bought a new 1065 - figures. Anyway, this is a great P25 phase 1 scanner. It will not do phase 2. I also already had the software needed for programming. (I already have the GRE PSR500 - same thing, but hand-held).

Redneck0410

This is a good buy, guys. I waited for a few weeks, watching the site every day waiting for the 1080s to go back up. Just last week I bought a new 1065 - figures. Anyway, this is a great P25 phase 1 scanner. It will not do phase 2. I also already had the software needed for programming. (I already have the GRE PSR500 - same thing, but hand-held).
One thing I did notice that is kind of germane to this line of scanners... whistler scanners do not behave very well with the custom settings outlined in the Easier to Read manual. I lost my signal meter with those settings and the only way to get it back was to reset the advanced settings back to default.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nasby

Decent deal but when you add in the cost of shipping its not all that great.
Amazon often has brand new ones (non-refurb) for just a few bucks more with free shipping.

moze229

Decent deal but when you add in the cost of shipping its not all that great.
Amazon often has brand new ones (non-refurb) for just a few bucks more with free shipping.

I paid $248 brand new @ Amazon. That's not bad at all, albeit old technology scanner-wise. It's a fully capable unit. But I'm all over factory refurb electronics. Depending on the company, you'll usually get an even more reliable product than brand new, simply because it's been looked over. That, and many returns for electronics are returned because of user error rather than an actual problem. At nearly $100.00 less, it's a really good deal. Minus the shipping, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.