Refurbished Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
WS1098

I was lucky enough to get a WS1098 for $275. I can't wait to play with it as it is my first Whistler purchase. I have had Radio Shack and Uniden- but this is my first new Whistler unit. I hope I am not disappointed.

N5ZDV

The WS1098 was sold out at 12:06 but I snagged a WS1088.
Still showing the WS1088 and WS1095 as available as of this posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N5ZDV

Crazy huh! And we had a lot of the WS1098!

Yeah I started to grab the WS1098 but wanted a portable one so I went with the WS1088, and by the time I checked out the WS1098 were gone

w5rah

I was able to get one of the 1098 scanners to add to my GRE upgraded to a 1080. Looking forward the remote head capability of the radio for more mounting options in my car. Surprised to see the 1095 available for quite awhile.

DJ11DLN

Just confirmed a 1095. That will go in my pickup and I can get rid of the bouncy phone-mounted HH scanner. As if I actually needed yet another scanner.:roll: Time to start culling the herd!

wbswetnam

Just confirmed a 1095. That will go in my pickup and I can get rid of the bouncy phone-mounted HH scanner. As if I actually needed yet another scanner.:roll: Time to start culling the herd!

I have a mobile-mounted WS1095 scanner in my car. It's ideal for mobile use; I love mine.

N5ZDV

The only downside to these deals is the "10 to 14 days" to ship.

DJ11DLN

I have a mobile-mounted WS1095 scanner in my car. It's ideal for mobile use; I love mine.
The plan is to mount the head bracket to the CD tray below the broadcast radio, at an angle, and put the main unit under the seat. I don't carry CD's with me so no loss and it shouldn't cause much obstruction that way. But it means I have to get busy and drop the headliner and punch the roof for an NMO -- I haven't had this new-to-me pickup very long. The local TSYS coverage is so good that you can actually hear a lot with just a duck inside the vehicle. There's actually room to mount a speaker but I will probably continue with the headphone-jack-to-aux-in and let the stereo do the amplifying chores as I do now. I seldom listen to broadcast radio and never with the scanner on. I've got a 1098 at home and I've been pretty ambivalent about going mobile with it because the head is so "busy" with the full keypad. But that was what folks cried out for so I certainly can't fault Whistler for delivering.

Thanks Whistler for offering these refurb discount deals. It makes old skinflints like me smile when we get a bargain!

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
If you purchased an item from the refurbished sale last Friday, please remember - allow 10-14 days for delivery.

I've gotten many emails asking for status of delivery. It's likely that these orders will ship sooner but worst case scenario, allow 10-14 days. This was marked on the product pages.

Thanks!
WW

N5ZDV

Good job on the shipping, my order shipped yesterday

Fallohide

Just got my TRX-1 from the mail lady, 8 days vs the 10-14 that was stated, good job WW!

It looks brand new, wont be able to mess with it until tomorrow but excited.

DJ11DLN

Mine didn't ship until last Thursday. It was scheduled to arrive tomorrow due to the no-mail holiday but it showed up Saturday instead. Haven't had time to do more than confirm the box contents. Don't know what the problem with the 10-14 day timeline is, it was right there on the order page for anyone to see. Whoever handles the returned and refurb'd sales probably has other duties as well and has to handle those sales in addition to the other stuff. Everything takes time to accomplish.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
Mine didn't ship until last Thursday. It was scheduled to arrive tomorrow due to the no-mail holiday but it showed up Saturday instead. Haven't had time to do more than confirm the box contents. Don't know what the problem with the 10-14 day timeline is, it was right there on the order page for anyone to see. Whoever handles the returned and refurb'd sales probably has other duties as well and has to handle those sales in addition to the other stuff. Everything takes time to accomplish.

I know they said that but I was hoping it meant it can take up to that long from the time of purchase to delivery. It’s been a week and mine hasn’t shipped.

DJ11DLN

I know they said that but I was hoping it meant it can take up to that long from the time of purchase to delivery. It’s been a week and mine hasn’t shipped.
I ordered on the day the sale went live, 8/25/17, albeit not until around 5:00 PM (EDT) and mine took 8 days to ship. Hopefully you'll be getting good news by this time tomorrow. Technically Whistler would have until midnight the day after to stay in the 14-day window...if you don't hear anything by then, I'd be rattling their chain to see what the problem is.

Very happy with the refurb'd 1095, which looks like a brand new unit. It's up and working well. Got an NMO and an amplified speaker on order for the pickup, hopefully I'll be doing an install this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.