Regarding a feed on radio reference

Bullwinkle043

Feed Provider
I don't know that there is any one specific fix to resolve this, at least not a simple one.

As a Calls volunteer, you are encouraged to upload all TGs captured by whatever tower, control channel, whatever you are monitoring and the system will filter out the stuff it needs to in a perfect world. Two of the three people who are providing Calls feeds I linked above are super inactive on the site, and not likely to respond. FrostTheFox is relatively active. Making sure all of them are keeping times as accurate as possible will help the site to know which calls are duplicates. The sites for surrounding counties could drop 12275 from their feeds. Not desirable from a personal standpoint if they are monitoring St Joseph as well personally. Broadcastify itself and the developer are aware that this can/is an issue and are working on some fixes, both to encourage providers to make sure their equipment and connection is up to date and to help the system be smarter about picking up these duplicates more accurately. There have been several posts over the last couple of years since Calls was launched.
They still have not resolved the issue I still have the same problem 6 months later

Bullwinkle043

Feed Provider
I like to buy a motorola XTL2500 but don't know how to program this radio They use P25 Apco 800 MHz Phase 1 system for my location
I have bought numerous police scanners and they don't receive all that well thanks

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
They use P25 Apco 800 MHz Phase 1 system for my location
I have bought numerous police scanners and they don't receive all that well thanks

was looking at that Uniden sds-200 just don't have the funds but I love to have that scanner

If all your wanting to listen to is on the same system, buy a few 30 dollar SDR dongles and use Sdrtrunk with Trunking Recorder and call it a day. Much cheaper than SDS and you can record, store many tg's simultaneously, something the 6/700 dollar SDS can only dream of.

Unless you're looking for something to carry around in public or use in the car.

Bullwinkle043

Feed Provider
I have one sdr dongle and using the sdr-trunk software but unable to receive much for my area I kinda lost at how to make it work correctly as far as the settings go. Maybe you can give me some advice on how to make it work at its full potential thanks