Regarding Fatal Error on Pro 107

Status
Not open for further replies.

eminniti

Premium Subscriber
I went and bought the 107 today at radioshack. I was able to go through it and get to know how to use it. Now going to the advanced stuff like using the sd card on the computer i wanted to update the library and all that also edit playlist names by typing it in and not scrolling through everything with the up and down arrows. so i put the card in the computer and sure enough it wont let me copy anything to the card that i edited. I went ahead and did the prepare sd card for use and i formatted it and everything went well and i added everything i needed for frequencies from the new library. i save it all put the card in the scanner and i get fatal error "no file system on sd card" what the heck happened? I tried formatting again copying everything and still nothing. also the firmware, software, and library are all up to date i looked all over on here to see if anyone had this problem but had no luck. the only thing i can think of is to buy a memory card at the store and try to format that and use it

dxradio2003

Pro-107 error

Hi,

I have several Pro-107's.
1.) Perhaps the SD card is in "locked" position (the little switch on the side). 2.) The card could be bad (try a different one).
3.) Try a full reformat (rather than quick format).
4.) If nothing else works, exchange the scanner at RS.

Let me know the results, thanks.

dxradio2003

Pro-107 error

Hi,

Forgot to ask, can you use the card normally in the scanner? Can you use the library feature to program the radio without using your computer? If that works, try updating the radio software for the computer, then update the library files on that program. Also don't forget to update your scanner firmware as the last step (should be CPU version 1.6). I'll bet if you do all the steps above, it will work.

---dxradio

eminniti

Premium Subscriber
its not in the locked position i also did a full reformat and i brought the card back and gave me a new one the same thing

dxradio2003

pro-107 error

Hi,

If you already tried updating the computer program software and the radio firmware, maybe there is another problem. Can you use a different computer for your SD card? Is your actual radio functioning normally except for the card/computer issue?

---dxradio

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I have had this problem in the past. Make sure you are using Iscan software 1.01 and have Application software 1.04 or later (1.06 is the current version)

I ended up formating the SD card using the routine in "My Computer" and then using the "Prepair SD card for use" routine in Iscan checking the two "COPT" boxes and unchecking the quick format box.

stevejacobson

@ eminniti

I bought my PRO-107 on 17 May and it worked flawlessly for 105 days. Two days ago, the flash memory card just died! I powered off the receiver, turned it back on the card was dead. Attempted to use the card in my computer and it wasn't even recognized...the card was shot. I attempted to exchange the card at RS but they told me to pound sand (they would only warranty the unit for 90 days). I purchased a new 4GB card from Target and the system works again. The moral of this story: I'll never be shopping at RS again.

TES

@ eminniti

I bought my PRO-107 on 17 May and it worked flawlessly for 105 days. Two days ago, the flash memory card just died! I powered off the receiver, turned it back on the card was dead. Attempted to use the card in my computer and it wasn't even recognized...the card was shot. I attempted to exchange the card at RS but they told me to pound sand (they would only warranty the unit for 90 days). I purchased a new 4GB card from Target and the system works again. The moral of this story: I'll never be shopping at RS again.

I have no clue regarding the details of the purchase or use of your scanner. The attached from the back of the manual is fairly simple reading.

Attachments

• Pro-107 Warranty.pdf
    162 KB · Views: 275

stevejacobson

@ TES

First of all, thank you! Clearly I'm a bit slow (was going to use the R word). That's what I thought about the one year warranty (but I didn't even think to look in the manual), thank you!! Now I'm going to have a discussion with my local RS office!

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
@ eminniti

NO, the radio has a 12 month parts warranty. The store should have ordered you a replacement memory card from RSU parts.

Manufacturer Warranty

Parts: 12 month
Labor: 12 month

Status
Not open for further replies.