Regarding New Updates: My Uniden Products Won't Stay Registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyrr

I know that at least two others have encountered this problem as I saw it mentioned in the “update comments” thread. Rather than messing that one up further, I decided to start a new thread.

I went to My Uniden page to download the new update files for the BCD396T and BCD996T and discovered that under the “My Products;” header, it said, “No products currently registered”.

I registered them once, long ago, in order to get the UASD files. I registered them a second time last week so that I could get the updates and when I returned the next day to download the updates, it said, once again, “No products currently registered”. I cleared my Uniden cookies, restarted my browser, and registered them again and this time downloaded the first set of update files before quitting. The next morning: “No products currently registered”.

I emailed Uniden “Technical Support” and they suggested that my account was corrupted and to create a new account. When I tried to do so. The website returned with an error message stating that my email address was already in use and that I would have to use another one. I replied to the “Technical Support” answer, asking them to delete the account so that I could create a new one and, of course, received no reply. After stewing for a few days, I contacted my ISP and created a new email address allowing me to create a new Uniden account. I registered one of the scanners last evening and when I returned this morning, (I did log into the “new” account) there were, “No products currently registered”.

I am hoping that someone has a work around or better yet, a fix. I am fed up with having to enter the purchase information for a boatload of scanners every time that I log on to download something.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Working in the IT field it sounds like your account is being reset everytime you access it, but i am almost certain it has something to do with Unidens site

n2mdk

Don't know if this will help but try clearing your browsers cache, for some reason it might be loading the old page. Other than that it might be a cookie problem.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I'm forwarding this to our IT guy. However, he is primarily Monday-Friday so I wouldn't expect a resolution this weekend.

Please send me a direct email (not PM) with you email contact info in case he has specific questions about your account.

Last edited:

woodyrr

Thanks for your suggestions.

I cleared the cookies previously.

I just cleared the cache and checked both accounts with no change.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
try a virus and spyware cleaner, possibly maybe a hijack gaining ur personal info, just to be on the safe side not saying you have one but its always good to check

woodyrr

I'm stumped

Thank you all for your suggestions. Since nobody else has posted with the same problem, I guess that the difficulty is limited to my accounts. Over the past week, I have tried two different Uniden accounts, two different computers, two different operating systems, and three different browsers, all with the same result. After registering in the morning, I can log in several times in a day and see the registered scanner. Whatever is happening, is happening overnight, because when I log in the next morning, everything is gone.

Fortunately, as long as the updates are infrequent, and that the website doesn’t start challenging me for reregistering the same scanners over and over, it appears as if I will, at least, be able to download any necessary update files, although I have decided not to install the current updates until or unless I absolutely have to.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Sorry this took so long. It seems that in some places you had an extra space in your registration that wasn't there in other places. Our IT guy believes he has cleaned it up and you should be all good, now.

woodyrr

UPMan said:
Sorry this took so long. It seems that in some places you had an extra space in your registration that wasn't there in other places. Our IT guy believes he has cleaned it up and you should be all good, now.

Thank you and the IT guy for your help. What a surprise! The Uniden site must have been remembering all of the times that I reregistered the scanners. I wish I really had that many. I'll delete all of the duplicate entries this evening and we'll hope that those remaining are still there in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.