Regency ACT-R-106 10 Channel Hi/Lo/UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

pt71301

Hi,
I have one of these units and the speaker volume is almost nil, while the rest of the unit works fine. I tried to plug in an external speaker as an alternative, but no sound at all. Anyone have any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix it? I don't have much technical knowledge but can make simple connections and do some soldering if that helps....
Thanks for the help.

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
There is a very slight chance the volume control potentiometer is bad from corroision or whatever. If this were the case, you'd be able to use a jumper on to connect to of the three leads together in an attempt to see if you can get full volume. I can't recall which two leads (I think the two outermost) but in any event it's just providing resistance and no harm to the radio itself can be had by jumpering across the volume control.

just my .02 cents

pt71301

So to the untrained individual, how do I figure this out? I have the unit out of the case so I can see the parts....any way I can get specific directions or pictures to check it? Also if this is the case, is there a fix for it?
Thanks.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
If you go to RadioShack and get some contact cleaner, you may be able to spray the slide control, but rocking it from one end to the other should produce some crackle or hi/low spots of volume. It sounds like you may have a bad audio amplifier, in which case you would need some troubleshooting and repair.

This link has a few pictures of it: Regency ACT-R-106 10 Channel Police Scanner

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
If the volume slider is not the problem here are other things to try.

Attachments

• ACT-R-106.JPG
    ACT-R-106.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,288
Status
Not open for further replies.