Regency ACT-T16K

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyclark

Premium Subscriber
scans fine, little weak, display goes blank when it stops on a active freq. anyone have one? normal? I am new to this old scanner.

typesix

The frequency display is only active while searching or during programming of frequencies. The display is not active when scanning the 16 channels.

kc0kp

scans fine, little weak, display goes blank when it stops on a active freq. anyone have one? normal? I am new to this old scanner.
I had two of these, I think I even have the service manual for it somewhere. The technology is old but this radio had varactors in the front end tuning section steered by the CPU. As a result, the front end had a much higher Q and therefore much better selectivity than most scanners. It was bullet proof rejecting intermod as well as not de-sensing in high RF environments.
I used one mobile with a gain antenna in the middle of the roof. I could copy Cheyenne fire in downtown Denver while the rest of the scanners would be jumping up and down with intermod from IMTS transmitters.
Unfortunately, both of them died losing the PLL. It was a proprietary chip that is pretty unavailable.
They cannot do any of the new digital modes or new interstitial channels but for normal FM, they work pretty well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.