Regency HX1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0net

Premium Subscriber
I bought a HX1500 hand held scanner. I get nothing but "freq err" and I cannot program it.
Is there anyone that repairs old scanners? This is a pretty cool radio and I would like to get it repaired.
Regency and Bearcat equals Uniden.

Frank

CommLt

Feed Provider
Try leaving new alkaline batteries in it for a few days with the unit turned off. This may "refresh" the memory chip inside. Then try to program your frequencies. Also double check that the frequencies you are trying to enter are within this radios range. It is not as broad banded as the newer units. I have one of these I bought new and still use it. It sat on the self for a longtime and had the same problem. After leaving it in the drop-in charger for a few days (with rechargeables of course) it seemed to come back to life. Good Luck.

Bucko

These were a great scanner in their day and still make a good basic coverage scanner. Like CommLt I still have mine along with the drop in charger and leather carry case. The audio is super and very sensitive with good selectivity. I never had the memory go bye bye for it has the non volatile memory but CommLt suggestion may help. They program a little different than some banked scanners of today. To enter a freq you punch the freq, hit enter then the channel number you want. To lockout a channel or restore a channel you push the channel number while it is scanning. It scans a bit slow but then it only has 55 channels. Another feature is the 4 banks that programs to your desired channel group, too bad Regency is no more.

typesix

Agree with CommLt. Same thing happened to my 1500, did the same as suggested and unit worked. This model was when Regency name was not under Bearcat/Uniden.

Status
Not open for further replies.