Regency Scanner Crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip0157

Does anyone know if crystals can be bought new? I'm looking for 161.2500 MHz.
This is a railroad frequency so I haven't been able to find it on ebay.

paulmohr

google "scanner crystals" and look for Ken's Electronics. You might have to call them but they might be able to get what you need. I see the have one listed for a bearcat but not regency. Maybe something else will work though, or he can track one down.

trp2525

Does anyone know if crystals can be bought new? I'm looking for 161.2500 MHz.
This is a railroad frequency so I haven't been able to find it on ebay.

Up until about a year ago Monitor Crystal Service (1-815-432-5271 and 1-815-432-5296) of Watseka, Illinois was still supplying scanner crystals for $10 each. I'm not sure if that is still the case today.

Here's a link to their webpage (http://hipromfg.com/monitor-crystal-service/1950810) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monitor-Crystal-Service/117455744980140) but I don't know if those webpages are current/active.

You could also give Gerry a try at G & G Communications in New York (Home Page) as I have obtained scanner crystals from him in the past. The email address is gerry@gcomradio.com and the phone number is 1-585-768-8151.

skip0157

Thanks for the info.
I contacted Ken's electronics. They're going to see what they can do.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Not sure if they're still doing it, but back in the day, Bomar and JAN were both making custom crystals for pretty much everything. I bought a handful.

The most involved job was re-crystalling the channel elements in the Motorola MX-300 radios.

k9wkj

there are only a couple places to get newly made crystals and none of them are in the US as far as i can tell
ICM,Bomar,Jan and the others are either gone or dropped the custom cut service
ive purchased quite a number of used analog synthesized scanners for under $10 each at auctions and garage sales
i fellow across town gave me a pro-2005 what a radio! that has a dim EL panel ill replace that off ebay for $10 and have a real nice 400 channel wide band for $10

Status
Not open for further replies.