Regina Transit and real time GPS locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richster

Regina Transit has ordered 20 GPS units to be installed on the older Nova series buses. The newer Novas that came out in the last couple of months, already have GPS built in. If all goes to plan, the others will have GPS installed within the next few months.

They have a couple out running today when I viewed it on my cellphone. Handy as all hell, and damn acurate too!

Here's the website: TransitLive Redirect to TransitLive.com.

Regards,
Richster.

scnnr

Regina Transit has ordered 20 GPS units to be installed on the older Nova series buses. The newer Novas that came out in the last couple of months, already have GPS built in. If all goes to plan, the others will have GPS installed within the next few months.

They have a couple out running today when I viewed it on my cellphone. Handy as all hell, and damn acurate too!

Here's the website: TransitLive Redirect to TransitLive.com.

Regards,
Richster.

All the buses here in Winnipeg have pretty much been upgraded now with the GPS and automated stop voice / visual calling for stops. As you said. Damn accurate.

Also all the buses are fitted with Video for security. I mention Wpg. as I ride transit quite a bit and it is really neat the technology being implemented these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.