Regina

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_Scan

In what context ? As in its original design use a pager, or as its secondary use apparently as a pseudo-scanner as some cities suffer from overload on simulcast trunk radio systems?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably not a lot of users do that.
What is really your question ?

Radioworld05

I use a G5 between both provinces (Alberta/Saskatchewan) and it does a good job for the most part switching sites automatically, keep in mind its not meant to be used as a scanner currently, but Uniden is adding some scanner like features in future updates to help it act also as a scanner and pager.

It does a great job with reception and picking up TG's from the tower sites, only "con" I can think of personally is the volume, with certain systems such as the PPSTN system. Volume is high, but audio on certain TG are very low and hard to hear even when the volume is set to 100.

AFFRCS Fire TG's come in loud and clear. This could be a system issue or radio issue. Reading previous forums, it's a radio issue with the G5 in respects to the volume, as I could hear certain TG on another radio loud and clear compared to the Unication G5 where I could hardly here their dispatch.

Great durable product overall for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.