Regional DMR Codeplugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
Hello all!

I just passed my technician exam and was assigned my callsign yesterday. I registered my callsign with the DMR-MARC repeater network, and I am excited to get on the air soon! I have a Motorola XPR 5550e that I intend to use for this purpose. I was attempting to take a look at some user created codeplugs for the NY/CT area, but on the DMR-MARC website when I click on "Regional Codeplugs" it brings me to Yahoo's homepage.

Could anyone kindly point me in the direction of where I could find codeplugs for my radio, if such a place currently exists?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
KC1PWN

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Congrats on your license!

First things first, you have to attempt to figure out which repeaters, if any, exist in your area. A DMC-MARC codeplug isn't going to do you any good if there are no DMR-MARC repeaters in your area. The only DMR-MARC repeaters I'm showing anywhere near Stamford are in Westport, Wilton, and White Plains, NY. Brandmeister might be a better option. I just don't know.

Your best bet might be checking with a local amateur radio club and see what they have as far as repeater lists and codeplugs (if they use digital).

Frankly, as long as you can find any codeplug with the talkgroups already programmed in (the most tedious part), you're usually better off just creating your own codeplug. Take a look at the repeaters that are near you and program them manually. It isn't that difficult.

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
Congrats on your license!

First things first, you have to attempt to figure out which repeaters, if any, exist in your area. A DMC-MARC codeplug isn't going to do you any good if there are no DMR-MARC repeaters in your area. The only DMR-MARC repeaters I'm showing anywhere near Stamford are in Westport, Wilton, and White Plains, NY. Brandmeister might be a better option. I just don't know.

Your best bet might be checking with a local amateur radio club and see what they have as far as repeater lists and codeplugs (if they use digital).

Frankly, as long as you can find any codeplug with the talkgroups already programmed in (the most tedious part), you're usually better off just creating your own codeplug. Take a look at the repeaters that are near you and program them manually. It isn't that difficult.
Thanks for your advice. I was able to track down some codeplugs, and I pulled the applicable data I was looking for into my codeplug without a problem.

Thanks again!

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
You will be much better off creating your own code plug, especially with that radio. It's not like having an Anytone where there are thousands of hams using them and codeplugs are plentiful, most of them are garbage by the way. If you want to use your Motorola gear on the ham bands you better get use to creating your own codeplugs or have a local friend that will share with you. Good luck.

N4KVE

You will be much better off creating your own code plug, especially with that radio. It's not like having an Anytone where there are thousands of hams using them and codeplugs are plentiful, most of them are garbage by the way. If you want to use your Motorola gear on the ham bands you better get use to creating your own codeplugs or have a local friend that will share with you. Good luck.
I agree 1000%. You have the Rolls Royce of DMR radios. We learn to program our radios, & set up the zones, & channels the way we want. But most people with CCR’s don’t have the time, or patience to learn how to do this, so they beg online for code plugs from strangers which quite often are loaded with mistakes. Maybe a local has a Moto radio, & can program it for you. When I started, the local DMR repeater owner who has been working on Moto radios for 20+ years programmed my radio for me. Since he owned the repeater I wanted to use, I knew his code plug was correct. Since then I learned to customize it more to my liking. So take the time to do it properly.

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for your replies. I have found a relatively recently made codeplug with many of the repeaters I am looking to program. I have taken the pertinent data from this codeplug and added it to my own. I appreciate everyone taking the time to reply.

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
This isn’t for NY but I will say some of the Motorola code plugs on this site cover a massive amount of South East US. I’m not affiliated with this group, but hats off to them for sharing such a great number of useful codeplugs. Some good people over there.

I took a trip to the coast of NC and had coverage almost the entire way. Unusually good coverage in VA / DC. Tennessee (home) is also well represented.

My repeater is not listed online (yes, it is coordinated). Also isn’t in any of these code plugs. 440.5625 +5.0.
State wide TG are TS2 CC1.

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
This isn’t for NY but I will say some of the Motorola code plugs on this site cover a massive amount of South East US. I’m not affiliated with this group, but hats off to them for sharing such a great number of useful codeplugs. Some good people over there.

I took a trip to the coast of NC and had coverage almost the entire way. Unusually good coverage in VA / DC. Tennessee (home) is also well represented.

My repeater is not listed online (yes, it is coordinated). Also isn’t in any of these code plugs. 440.5625 +5.0.
State wide TG are TS2 CC1.
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.