Regional Fire/Rescue Response Partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSK

I don't see anything in the FCC records within Larimer country that lists to Nextdoor. The Nextdoor website appears to ping back to an Amazon data server so that does not help. Are you sure they have two-way radios? Possibly, they may just use FRS or even a phone app. like Zello.

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
Also new today, PFA Fire 1 Dispatch and some Fire 5 PVH/EMS are an automated voice alert instead of a human. I haven't monitored in a few days, so it may well have started a few days ago.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening daily and today is the first day of the robo-voice dispatchers.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
I don't see anything in the FCC records within Larimer country that lists to Nextdoor. The Nextdoor website appears to ping back to an Amazon data server so that does not help. Are you sure they have two-way radios? Possibly, they may just use FRS or even a phone app. like Zello.
I'm not sure what they use for communication ScannerSK. I guess I was assuming they had a dispatch.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)

I'm not sure what they use for communication ScannerSK. I guess I was assuming they had a dispatch.

There is some confusion because the link shared requires a Nextdoor account to view. The original post is in reference to the Berthoud, Estes Valley, Loveland, Poudre, and Wellington implementing closest unit disaptching today. The link in the original post is off a news feed which does not link properly for someone who does not have a Nextdoor account and takes them to a login page for Nextdoor. The public link for what they were trying to share is below.

There is probably going to be no change other than the automatic voice dispatching, but I am not in a position to monitor or confirm that.

What usually happens when closest unit dispatching is implemented is that the channels stay the same, but now the CAD will automatically assign and dispatch units on that agency's regular radio channels. Units are normally advised of which channel they need to switch to for an incident based on who the primary handling agency is. For example, a call immediately south of Carpenter Rd would be a Loveland incident, but Poudre Station 14 is the closest unit so they would be dispatched on Poudre's channel and would then be told to switch over to a Loveland channel for the call.

Last edited:

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
There is some confusion because the link shared requires a Nextdoor account to view. The original post is in reference to the Berthoud, Estes Valley, Loveland, Poudre, and Wellington implementing closest unit disaptching today. The link in the original post is off a news feed which does not link properly for someone who does not have a Nextdoor account and takes them to a login page for Nextdoor. The public link for what they were trying to share is below.

There is probably going to be no change other than the automatic voice dispatching, but I am not in a position to monitor or confirm that.

What usually happens when closest unit dispatching is implemented is that the channels stay the same, but now the CAD will automatically assign and dispatch units on that agency's regular radio channels. Units are normally advised of which channel they need to switch to for an incident based on who the primary handling agency is. For example, a call immediately south of Carpenter Rd would be a Loveland incident, but Poudre Station 14 is the closest unit so they would be dispatched on Poudre's channel and would then be told to switch over to a Loveland channel for the call.
Sorry about sending the link on nextdoor neighbor. I thought anyone could get the link but now I see what people are saying about having to have an account to view article. Thanks Spitfire5520 for responding and letting me know your thoughts on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.