Regional Radio ID Plan in Bay Area (and Sacramento)

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Hello all, not sure if this is actually a thing or has been talked around previously.

In monitoring the various P25 regional radio systems in the Bay Area (and Sacramento), it's my belief that radio ID formatting on each system is being somewhat coordinated on a region-wide basis to make sure there's no conflicting overlap in radio ID ranges between systems. From what I can tell, each county gets a 1 or 2-digit number assigned to it for the respective home system they're on. Ideally, this radio ID would be the same when switching to another regional P25 system that isn't your home system.

The format for the radio IDs appears to be ABBBBBB (or AABBBBBB), where A (or AA) is the regionally-assigned county number, and BBBBBB (6-digits) is the individual subscriber radio.

My observations are below. 14 is the highest number I've observed so far.

1xxxxxx - ?
2xxxxxx - ?
3xxxxxx - Alameda County (EBRCS)
4xxxxxx - Contra Costa County (EBRCS)
5xxxxxx - ?
6xxxxxx - San Francisco County (San Francisco P25)
7xxxxxx - ?
8xxxxxx - ?
9xxxxxx - Sacramento County (SRRCS)
10xxxxxx - ?
11xxxxxx - ?
12xxxxxx - San Mateo County (San Mateo P25)
13xxxxxx - Santa Clara County (SVRCS)
14xxxxxx - Solano County (SCRRCS)

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
it's also interesting that some of these systems all have their interop talk group numbers as 5-digit, starting with 3xxxx, while their normal everyday talk groups are 3 and 4-digits.

340xx - BART P25 Interops
350xx - SRRCS (Sacramento) Interops
351xx - San Francisco P25 Interops
356xx - San Mateo P25 Interops
357xx - SVRCS Interops

Last edited:

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, not sure if this is actually a thing or has been talked around previously.

In monitoring the various P25 regional radio systems in the Bay Area (and Sacramento), it's my belief that radio ID formatting on each system is being somewhat coordinated on a region-wide basis to make sure there's no conflicting overlap in radio ID ranges between systems. From what I can tell, each county gets a 1 or 2-digit number assigned to it for the respective home system they're on. Ideally, this radio ID would be the same when switching to another regional P25 system that isn't your home system.

The format for the radio IDs appears to be ABBBBBB (or AABBBBBB), where A (or AA) is the regionally-assigned county number, and BBBBBB (6-digits) is the individual subscriber radio.

My observations are below. 14 is the highest number I've observed so far.

1xxxxxx - ?
2xxxxxx - ?
3xxxxxx - Alameda County (EBRCS)
4xxxxxx - Contra Costa County (EBRCS)
5xxxxxx - ?
6xxxxxx - San Francisco County (San Francisco P25)
7xxxxxx - ?
8xxxxxx - ?
9xxxxxx - Sacramento County (SRRCS)
10xxxxxx - ?
11xxxxxx - ?
12xxxxxx - San Mateo County (San Mateo P25)
13xxxxxx - Santa Clara County (SVRCS)
14xxxxxx - Solano County (SCRRCS)
This is the standard for most states, the first one or two digits ID the county. Many states use 9xxxxxxx for statewide agencies.

This is also done with TGIDs in many states as well, particularly with statewide trunking systems.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed SFPD RIDs as 600xxxx when they are on the EBRCS interop channels. I just figured they were using EBRCS radios with those RIDs assigned..had no idea they were using just one radio usable on several systems. Same with SJPD when they are working the East Bay.

ScanRafael

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed SFPD RIDs as 600xxxx when they are on the EBRCS interop channels. I just figured they were using EBRCS radios with those RIDs assigned..had no idea they were using just one radio usable on several systems. Same with SJPD when they are working the East Bay.
It is not unheard of for system keys to be shared across different radio systems.