Regional Roads in Fort Erie (plows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Steed & Evans Construction has the contract for salting/sanding/plowing Regional Roads this year in Fort Erie Ontario.

They are on the,
TalkWireless (Fonthill 160 mhz) LTR Standard Trunked System

TalkGroup 0-05-065 Steed & Evans
Steve

Keganm

Premium Subscriber
I believe they will be region wide helping maintain regional roads, not just in Fort Erie.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Your Correct Keganm, I should have said that in my post, thanks for the correction.
Steve

Steve, while we are on this subject do you know where the MTO salt depots are for your region and other regions in the GTA or surrounding area?
I have a rough idea where Patrol 10-13 are in Niagara but where is Homer Yard, St. Kitts?
Is there a depot in Grimsby or does the Homer yard trucks handle Niagara North?
I'd also love to know which depot covers the west end of the GTA, Burlington talkgroup MTO activity seems to cover this area all the way to the 40 or 427. Is the MTO yard at Belfield the only yard each of Palmero?
Thanks.
E

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Yards

Steve, while we are on this subject do you know where the MTO salt depots are for your region and other regions in the GTA or surrounding area?
I have a rough idea where Patrol 10-13 are in Niagara but where is Homer Yard, St. Kitts?
Is there a depot in Grimsby or does the Homer yard trucks handle Niagara North?
I'd also love to know which depot covers the west end of the GTA, Burlington talkgroup MTO activity seems to cover this area all the way to the 40 or 427. Is the MTO yard at Belfield the only yard each of Palmero?
Thanks.
E

I think Grimsby gets there salt at the Winona Yard on South Service Rd.

Fort Erie Depot is on Bowen RD.

Homer Yard is On Glendale Rd. Also there is a truck STOP There.

Don't know about GTA AREA ???

Steve

Update
is this any help
http://www.york.ca/NR/rdonlyres/73h...vwj42agsxm7mxah2rdh54qldwmjf/rpt+6+cls+12.pdf

Also,
Depots, Don't know if Salt is stored on these sites ??

City of Mississauga, Malton District Works Yard, Mississauga, ON Canada
City of Mississauga, Meadowvale District Works Yard, Mississauga, ON Canada
City of Mississauga, Clarkson Works Yard, Mississauga, ON, Canada
City of Mississauga, Mavis Road Works Yard, Mississauga, ON, Canada
City of Brampton Sandalwood Pkwy. Facility, Brampton, ON

Last edited:

Keganm

Premium Subscriber
Niagara has the Following yards used by Miller:
Homer Yard @ York + Glendale (qew + glendale)
bowen rd sand camp (qew + bowen rd)
Winona Yard on South Service Rd. (between Grimsby and stoney creek)
Beaverdams Yard (406 + beaverdams rd)
the 140 yard (hwy 140)

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Thank you guys. I dont remember hearing Winona but I have heard 140 a few times.
I know that Northshore 22A covers the Burlington area and maybe as far as Oakville.
There is a yard 'up' in Ancaster that covers I am guessing the 403 6, 8, & Dundas west of 6, its called Duffs corners.

Now Palermo is an area in west Oakville, I guess that yard covers the QEW thru Oakville but I am wondering just which yard(s) cover the QEW thru Mississauga and rrthe 400 series highways till Weston Road where Toronto takes over.

I have a few of the yards for the 401 and 403 thru Peel and Northern Halton.

Steve: I am guessing that the yards in Mississauga are municicpal.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Yards

Thank you guys. I dont remember hearing Winona but I have heard 140 a few times.
I know that Northshore 22A covers the Burlington area and maybe as far as Oakville.
There is a yard 'up' in Ancaster that covers I am guessing the 403 6, 8, & Dundas west of 6, its called Duffs corners.

Now Palermo is an area in west Oakville, I guess that yard covers the QEW thru Oakville but I am wondering just which yard(s) cover the QEW thru Mississauga and rrthe 400 series highways till Weston Road where Toronto takes over.

I have a few of the yards for the 401 and 403 thru Peel and Northern Halton.

Steve: I am guessing that the yards in Mississauga are municicpal.

Yea, I was not sure about those other yards.
Steve

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Steve: I guess that we are soon going to learn these patrol routes soon enough.
Even us in Shangrila-la-di-da (GTA) had some snow on the weekend 1cm, the most we have had in probably 2 years!

In the wake of this next rain storm, the strong winds and colder air will flood over all of us and depending on wind direction and tempature we will see squalls, hence the MTO drivers will be out in full force, plowing and sanding and going for Tim's runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.