Regis PD/Belmar

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyB

I was listening to Denver PD District 1 last night when I heard a call "Regis xxx", then "Regis xxx go ahead" then they said traffic stop on Regis Blvd. At least that's what I think I heard. Are those Regis PD units operating on DPD 1?

Also, on Lakewood South PD, I hear Belmar units all of the time. Are those dedicated officers for the Belmar area? Why don't they just use 3-South-11 or some callsign like the other officers in Lakewood?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Yes the Regis Campus Cops have Dist 1 radios just like you hear the Aururia officers come up on 1 and 6 pretty frequently.

Jim<

ch40n1k

I was listening to Denver PD District 1 last night when I heard a call "Regis xxx", then "Regis xxx go ahead" then they said traffic stop on Regis Blvd. At least that's what I think I heard. Are those Regis PD units operating on DPD 1?

Also, on Lakewood South PD, I hear Belmar units all of the time. Are those dedicated officers for the Belmar area? Why don't they just use 3-South-11 or some callsign like the other officers in Lakewood?

The Belmar units operate in a similar manner to the Mills units. They are "South" units like the Mills units are "North" units. There are folks on this board that could probably give a much better answer.

utlchris

Assigning the Belmar units to a beat location would have made more sense and would have been a lot easier than creating new call signs and boundary locations in CAD. However there are those that want their moment to shine, and be different than the others. Their primary responsibility is the mall but they also handle the area around the mall as well.

MikeyB

Assigning the Belmar units to a beat location would have made more sense and would have been a lot easier than creating new call signs and boundary locations in CAD. However there are those that want their moment to shine, and be different than the others. Their primary responsibility is the mall but they also handle the area around the mall as well.

That's what I was thinking. Are there any other agencies that have special call-signs for malls or anything like that?

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
DU didn't in the past. Most of their campus security personnel were private non-law enforcement guards. They've employed off-duty cops now and then, however.
Auraria is very different: like the CU Police, they are state-employed police officers. No issues with getting them DPD radios.
Are the Regis people off-duty cops or full-time guards? If they are cops, then it would make sense to have access to Disp 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.