Registering a 2nd wires-x node

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5rv

Chemically inert
Premium Subscriber
Wires-x registration is kind of confusing. I have one wires-x node registration, my FTM-400XDR used as an access point at home. Now I want to migrate my stand alone DR-1X repeater to wires-x by purchasing an HRI-200, a PC, and internet service to the tower site. To register the HRI-200 do I just go to the main page and create another member registration with a different member id and password by clicking this link on the main page?

WIRES-X ID registration >>
[Member registration]

There is no way to add more wires-x to my first account, and this seems to be the only way. Am I missing something?

willstuder

Feed Provider
You are correct. Yaesu requires one account per device. Not very intuitive in my opinion but how they do it. I have 6 accounts. Oh well.

n5rv

Chemically inert
Premium Subscriber
Thank you sir! One more thing I will need to manage, HIHI.... I have an FT3DR also that I could use as a portable PDN (when on the road), but will also be registering it when the time comes to set that up. Quite confusing that you cannot find any howto, FAQ, or discussion on how to register multiple DP-ID's for Wires-X. Search engines only return generic results.... Your help is much appreciated.

73 de Jerry N5RV

willstuder

Feed Provider
Welcome to the wonderful world of Yaesu System Fusion. It's awesome technology that has a less steep learning curve than DMR or DSTAR and is so much easier to get into, but Yaesu is horrible about documentation. John Kruk is VERY knowledgeable and is their resident expert (also their US Sales Manager). He is active on some forums.

Here is the youtube page where he posts informational videos. I find it to be one of the best pages for info as well as a couple of forums around the net. Yaesu USA Official

Also, here is a group that he is part of: Yahoo! Groups

n5rv

Chemically inert
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the wonderful world of Yaesu System Fusion. It's awesome technology that has a less steep learning curve than DMR or DSTAR and is so much easier to get into, but Yaesu is horrible about documentation. John Kruk is VERY knowledgeable and is their resident expert (also their US Sales Manager). He is active on some forums.

Here is the youtube page where he posts informational videos. I find it to be one of the best pages for info as well as a couple of forums around the net. Yaesu USA Official

Also, here is a group that he is part of: Yahoo! Groups
Thanks! I also found the SystemFusion group on Groups.io. I found the same answer you gave after the fact in one of the FAQ posts there. I've played in DStar and still run an IC-7100 in the truck, but we no longer have a DStar repeater in the area. I just keep a bank full of systems I might use in my future travels. I have pseudo DMR experience in setting up MotoTRBO systems which is about the most disturbingly complicated system when trying to implement a wide area system.

System Fusion seems so much easier all around.

I used to have my DR-1X setup on Allstar and it is pretty easy, but lots of hands on just to set it up. But once set it is pretty easy to manage. But I took it off Allstar because the internet service I was using, although inexpensive, was very undependable. In every 24 hours it was down anywhere from 20-45 minutes..... never could figure that one out.

For the move to Wires-X, I have another internet service I will try out. They've had good service in the past for me, but they are a little more expensive, but still affordable.

Thanks again!

de Jerry N5RV

Status
Not open for further replies.