Registering BCD436HP Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

number6

I attempted to register my radio. When it came to the serial number question, I typed it in as it's shown on the BCDX436HP screen--a 5-digit number, a dash, a 9-digit number, another dash, and three more digits. When I looked it up later in the "My scanners" section, the serial number displayed bore little resmeblance to what I entered. There was no checksum, what I entered was truncated, and different digits appeared. What'd I do wrong, and how can it be corrected since there's no way to change that field on the registration screen? Should I just put in a new one and attempt to delete the old one?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Re: BCDx36HP Sentinel Software & Siren App Discussion

It's on the actual scanner not on the screen.. it's not in the programming, that's probably the firmware or esn u entered

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

number6

Use the physical serial number.

Sorry, don't have access to that information. While my vision is 100% non-existent, my wife's isn't good for small print, even *with* magnification, so that's just going to have to wait. I hope getting the iOS app (when it comes out) will not be dependent upon having this info.

number6

It's on the actual scanner not on the screen.. it's not in the programming, that's probably the firmware or esn u entered

Surely. If it's on that metal plate on the rear deck below the antenna and extension speaker jacks, it's going to be a while before I obtain it (see previously posted message for explanation). It's what I like to refer to as an "oh well" situation.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Serial Number

Tell your wife it's on a white tag under the bar code. Tell her to swivel the belt clip 90 degrees and she should be able to see it. It's the only white tag on the back.

Sorry, don't have access to that information. While my vision is 100% non-existent, my wife's isn't good for small print, even *with* magnification, so that's just going to have to wait. I hope getting the iOS app (when it comes out) will not be dependent upon having this info.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It will be the same as the last part of the ESN (starting with "380..." and not including the SUM).

yaesumofo

You might want to try to take a picture of the rear of your radio. Then use your computer to blow the image up so the numbers are fully readable.

An alternative is to take a picture and ask on this forum if anybody would be willing to look at the picture and read the serial number. is it possible on the purchase invoice?
im sure there would be plenty willing people.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.