regulations in regards to crossband repeat vs repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisasterGuy

Here is a simple solution to get you started playing with things... Scrap the repeater function initially and use a single radio in simplex. From the standpoint of echostation it would be like setting up an announcement machine. You can still play with Astrix integration, mailboxes, etc. Look for a radio like a GM300 set to 25 watts or lower to begin playing around. If you code, consider using this experience to contribute to Echostation is it appears to be a dead project and what you describe could be great extensions to the platform.

When you are really ready, you can upgrade the radio to something like a Mastr II or Mastr III, invest in a good duplexer and antenna and have a nice repeater. For now however I think you will be much better of developing in simplex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warweed

Premium Subscriber
Here is a simple solution to get you started playing with things... Scrap the repeater function initially and use a single radio in simplex. From the standpoint of echostation it would be like setting up an announcement machine. You can still play with Astrix integration, mailboxes, etc. Look for a radio like a GM300 set to 25 watts or lower to begin playing around. If you code, consider using this experience to contribute to Echostation is it appears to be a dead project and what you describe could be great extensions to the platform.

When you are really ready, you can upgrade the radio to something like a Mastr II or Mastr III, invest in a good duplexer and antenna and have a nice repeater. For now however I think you will be much better of developing in simplex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes the echostation project is dead i believe echolink took its places and integrates the echostation functionality into it

and yes this is my eventual plan is to integrate some useful features into it im not sure about the source though i havent been in touch with the creator as im not at that point for now i think i will just be playing with about 5 watts for testing as if there is a problem it can be quickly resolved without causing any issues

Status
Not open for further replies.