Regulators OK Oklahoma spaceport

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Regulators OK Oklahoma spaceport
Suborbital test flights could begin in 2007, setting stage for tourists

The Federal Aviation Administration has given its OK for commercial spaceflight operations at Oklahoma’s spaceport, a former military air base that is expected to begin hosting test flights of a new suborbital spacecraft next year.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13304491/

Any ideas on what freq's they will be running on? I'm about 12 miles away from there...

Jim

KK5FM

skywatch said:
Any ideas on what freq's they will be running on? I'm about 12 miles away from there...
Jim
They will be on Very High Frequencies ;)
Oops. Could also be Ultra High, Super High, or Extremely High frequencies.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
LOL, I bet. I was in BF yesterday and it's really hopping with activity, about 25 trooper cars at the driving range, lots of jet's in the pattern.

I'll have a perfect viewing spot from my front door, when they fly.:D

Jim

RadiationX

Yeah, but anyone know what exactly freqs they will be on, like a range in between what freqs? I was there yesterday too and saw lots of plane activity couldnt find any real interesting freqs just the usaual aircraft stuff.

DPS8504

Spaceport

Are you talking about the old military base at Frederick OK? I had seen something on the local new station in Wichita Falls about this.

okccsi

Yes, Burns-Flat. OHP will be using the Oklahoma County driving range now, along with OKC, Midwest City, and Norman. Word is OHP will get a new driving range atthe Ada facility, but I have not heard anything else in a long while about that.

OKC CSI

CommShrek

okccsi said:
Yes, Burns-Flat. OHP will be using the Oklahoma County driving range now, along with OKC, Midwest City, and Norman. Word is OHP will get a new driving range atthe Ada facility, but I have not heard anything else in a long while about that.

OKC CSI

If you go to CLEET's website (www.cleet.state.ok.us/) they have pictures of the track there. I don't think that's OHP's driving range (hey, aren't those for golf balls?) but that range is for all potential coppers in this fine state of ours.

freqscout

I heard that OHP might be getting the boot from the driving range out in Burns Flat. Don't know why, if it is a rumor, or if they just found something better. Anyone else know more about this rumor?

Status
Not open for further replies.