Rejecting digital in amateur radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4DHN

Hams should reject C4FM and P-25 and any Digital modes in Amateur Radio entirely!. I was told by a member of the EMA that the Government wants all future ham rigs digital so in case of an so-called 9-11 type emergency they can easily monitor and shut down radio traffic in any town,city they want.Being digital they can do this.Analog much harder. The Government is no longer on our side anymore.They mean to dominate,not cooperate.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you believe this then you should turn in your amateur radio license.

How will the government shut down these digital modes?

The only way they're going to shut down my P25 repeater is to drive to the site and physically shut it off. While they're there, they can shut down my analog repeater.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
...I was told by a member of the EMA that the Government wants all future ham rigs digital so in case of an so-called 9-11 type emergency they can easily monitor and shut down radio traffic in any town,city they want.

And you believe this?:roll:

The capability to do this already exists in the form of rf jamming. It wouldn't matter if you were using a digital mode or not.

My best suggestion to you is to stock up on aluminum foil. The end times are coming and you don't want Them to know how gullible you are.

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hammtastic

They can also record ALL the radio traffic EVER sent over those ham rigs. How did ham radio get it's name anyway. I know ham is a tasty meat product.

ecps92

EMA ??? :roll:
EMA - Definition by AcronymFinder

Lots of bad (incorrect) info in your post.

Member since 2009 and only 1 attempt at a contribution to the hobby. Another one on the IGNORE list

Hams should reject C4FM and P-25 and any Digital modes in Amateur Radio entirely!. I was told by a member of the EMA that the Government wants all future ham rigs digital so in case of an so-called 9-11 type emergency they can easily monitor and shut down radio traffic in any town,city they want.Being digital they can do this.Analog much harder. The Government is no longer on our side anymore.They mean to dominate,not cooperate.

SCPD

QRT
Digital and analog can coexist

You can enjoy Digital and Analog communications!
Theres way too many analog radios out there,if they wanted to have an agenda,they would prevent Yaesu and the boatload of manufacturers from making analog radios.The FT-991 is brand spankin new and it has C4FM and analog HF and VHF and UHF ,so dont worry so much.I myself am keeping analog and theres too many analog fan boys to shut us all down! Have a nice day.:D I think the bigger problem is too many linked repeater systems,one gets jammed and half the radio dial is jammed out of commission.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

This post is entirely and utterly crap... Please go and find your roll of tinfoil and tighten around your head as needed. There is so much wrong with what you posted, I am not even sure where to start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
So much stupid...digital simplex no "easier to shut down" than analog simplex. Centralized systems are easier to shut down than decentralized systems because there are fewer points of failure, regardless of whether they are digital or analog.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
In both World War I and II hams were ORDERED off the air. There's no need to jam or intercept. The government gives us the privilege to operate and they can take it away. Of course, back then they viewed amateur radio as a source of trained operators for the military. Now, I think they could care less. No military Morse use anymore.

Since none of amateur digital use is encrypted, anyone can listen anytime they want. If they can monitor your cell phone they can listen to our digital modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.