• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RELM KNG talk group scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtaman

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to scan talkgroups on a trunking system. I have 15 talkgroups on scant list one and scan list one is populated with them. But I cannot figure out how to enables scan. I can't assign it to a button or switch.

How is this done?

Matt

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
Try changing your scan list to "Priority" or "Priority 1 on Selected" and then program a switch or button to "Priority Scan". Make sure in the zone that each channel you want to scan has your scan list selected for that channel.

gtaman

Try changing your scan list to "Priority" or "Priority 1 on Selected" and then program a switch or button to "Priority Scan". Make sure in the zone that each channel you want to scan has your scan list selected for that channel.

I have it a go and it still didn't work.

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
Send me your NEO file and I will look at it. Scan in the KNG is extremely confusing and all the multiple settings which are spread out all over the software has to be just right.

Wayne
waynedc61 at gmail dot com

gtaman

Send me your NEO file and I will look at it. Scan in the KNG is extremely confusing and all the multiple settings which are spread out all over the software has to be just right.

Wayne
waynedc61 at gmail dot com

I send it to you this evening

Matt

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
Matt,

I sent you a response. See if that worked for you. If so we will update the group following this.

Wayne

gtaman

Matt,

I sent you a response. See if that worked for you. If so we will update the group following this.

Wayne

Got it working. Thank you! The word priority is quite confusing. I set my setting just like yours and it works great. I wish I could park on a talkgroup that's not on the scan list and still can but you can't.

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
Matt,

I am pretty sure you can. In the zone that contains the channel or talkgroup you want to listen (but is not in the scan list), just make sure the scan list you want to scan when on that channel or talkgroup is indicated in the programming of that channel or talkgroup for that zone.

I will confirm it today if I can.

Wayne

gtaman

Matt,

I am pretty sure you can. In the zone that contains the channel or talkgroup you want to listen (but is not in the scan list), just make sure the scan list you want to scan when on that channel or talkgroup is indicated in the programming of that channel or talkgroup for that zone.

I will confirm it today if I can.

Wayne

Thanks for your insight. I think they mad it similar to the Mototrbo series. I would have 15 channels (max for Motorola) and I would like to park on a dispatch channel while scanning all 15. That would give me a theoretical scan of all 16 as long as I was on that channel. The mototrbo series radio won't allow you to enable scan on a channel that is not in the list. If you try to enable it won't allow you. If you change to that channel it will stop the scan. The same is with my RELM. I want to monitor an automated locution channel while scanning but the radio won't scan unless I go to a channel that's in the scan list.

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
Matt,

I just tried it and it is working on this end. I am on Channel 16 in Zone 1. Channel 16 is NOT one of the channels in Scan List 1. I do have Channel 16 programmed to use Scan List 1 when I am on that channel and I turn on PRI scan. I am monitoring Channel 16 and scanning the 15 channels in Scan List 1.

Your scan list is just a list of the channels you want to scan when you select that scan list. In the zone, you can tell any channel to use that scan list (whether it is or is not on the scan list).

Please try it again. I have it working that way right now. Just remember you are RX only so you have to stay within the system and trunked site.

Wayne

Last edited:

gtaman

Matt,

I just tried it and it is working on this end. I am on Channel 16 in Zone 1. Channel 16 is NOT one of the channels in Scan List 1. I do have Channel 16 programmed to use Scan List 1 when I am on that channel and I turn on PRI scan. I am monitoring Channel 16 and scanning the 15 channels in Scan List 1.

Your scan list is just a list of the channels you want to scan when you select that scan list. In the zone, you can tell any channel to use that scan list (whether it is or is not on the scan list).

Please try it again. I have it working that way right now. Just remember you are RX only so you have to stay within the system and trunked site.

Wayne

I'll give it a try later today. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.