Relocating from San Antonio to Dallas

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well folks, I'm moving from San Antonio to the DFW Area (Park Cities - Highland Park) in the next year or so.

This means the San Antonio area feeds that I've been running are permanently down. Someone will need to take them over. I know this has come on rather sudden, but someone moved very quickly and aggressively to buy my home, my son is graduating from high school next year, and I've wanted to get back to the DFW area.

We'll be in rental house for the next year or so, then a move to Highland Park sometime between this summer and next, depending on how the home search goes. My daughter is a student at SMU, so it will be nice to be close to her. My son is looking hard at the Air Force/Naval academies and some top engineering schools so we're busy on that front.

Looking forward to getting back into the DFW Scanning Community! I still remember 23 years ago the DFWScan mailing list crew throwing a going away party for me when I moved from there to SA. That was fun!!

CHHTX

Premium Subscriber
Completely understand! Same story brought me from Houston to Bandera (specifically Lakehills) last year. Have a great move! Lucky for you, you'll have plenty of "locals" to help you get your radios programmed. As far as I can tell, I'm the only one in my area who listens to scanners!

Congrats on your move. The SA area will miss you

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations Lindsay. I know the challenges of moving, I was house hunting last year when the market was on fire, and thus ended up moving from an apartment in Frisco to a house in Van Alstyne. If you're interested, DM me, and I'll forward you the contact info for the realtor that I worked with, she won't lead you astray.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Glad someone is making an aggressive move on your place, it took 4 months and a 10% price drop to get ours sold in Boerne in December when not even a year ago they were going in 24-48 hours of listing. It’s like a light switch got flipped in the market last fall.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Happy to hear your moving to Dallas, sorry to hear you are considering the Highland Park ghetto. Maybe do a little bit better with your website and you can move up to the Arts District.
It's been a tough few years for RR, especially during the pandemic, and we offloaded the house in a fire sale.

At our current rate, we may only be able to stay in the park cities ghetto for a year or so and then we'll probably end up in Cockrell Hill.

😜

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Well folks, I'm moving from San Antonio to the DFW Area (Park Cities - Highland Park) in the next year or so.

This means the San Antonio area feeds that I've been running are permanently down. Someone will need to take them over. I know this has come on rather sudden, but someone moved very quickly and aggressively to buy my home, my son is graduating from high school next year, and I've wanted to get back to the DFW area.

We'll be in rental house for the next year or so, then a move to Highland Park sometime between this summer and next, depending on how the home search goes. My daughter is a student at SMU, so it will be nice to be close to her. My son is looking hard at the Air Force/Naval academies and some top engineering schools so we're busy on that front.

Looking forward to getting back into the DFW Scanning Community! I still remember 23 years ago the DFWScan mailing list crew throwing a going away party for me when I moved from there to SA. That was fun!!
The Dallas area is was great for scanning up until I moved away in 2003 thing's have changed , a lot more agencies using encryption, I guess Dallas pd/fd moving to the north Texas system is The big News... it's about time ! Not sure how much good stuff we will be able to hear pd wise because it's likely they will switch to encrypted tac channel during chases, shootings, ect. Hoping the dpd dispatch remains in the clear ? And hoping to see a new set of live feeds for Dallas and other cities once everything is up and running smoothly

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Well then, you'll be close enough to the Uniden North American Headquarters to maybe pedal some influence. They are relocating to Flower Mound.

prcguy

It's been a tough few years for RR, especially during the pandemic, and we offloaded the house in a fire sale.

At our current rate, we may only be able to stay in the park cities ghetto for a year or so and then we'll probably end up in Cockrell Hill.

😜
If all else fails come on over to Richardson for some good livin. I'll let you park a trailer in the yard for a week or so. Just don't jam out my ham station. And please, no golf balls in the pool!

Last edited:

slowmover

People really want to live in the Metroplex? On purpose? Thats nearly as bad as Austin!!

Everyone in Texas knows nothing is worse than Austin. That’s, The Texas Flytrap, to keep them out of the rest of the state.

D/FW has almost always been superior to Houston. For each, it’s the choice of suburb as the cities became unlivable.

I’m now on the western edge of FTW and about ready to leave despite having been born & raised in Dallas. My 5th generation Texan son has already moved his family away to a new state.

Choose carefully.

fasteddy64

Everyone in Texas knows nothing is worse than Austin. That’s, The Texas Flytrap, to keep them out of the rest of the state.

D/FW has almost always been superior to Houston. For each, it’s the choice of suburb as the cities became unlivable.

I’m now on the western edge of FTW and about ready to leave despite having been born & raised in Dallas. My 5th generation Texan son has already moved his family away to a new state.

Choose carefully.

Very true!
I lived in Abilene for 31 years. My Wife has family in Elgin. We would go out of our way to drive around Austin any time we went to visit.
I finally said goodbye to Texas and moved to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi.