REMCS University Hospital- Can No Longer Hear Newark Units?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJParamedic

Hi everyone,

REMCS is responsible for dispatching Newark, but also Irvington and South Orange. A change must have been made that they separated South Orange from their main dispatch TG. The database now only has the TG to monitor the South Orange area and I can no longer hear Newark units being dispatched. I also notice their Operations being used as my scanner will stop at it very frequently, but there is no audio.

Anyone notice this or figure it out?

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

REMCS is responsible for dispatching Newark, but also Irvington and South Orange. A change must have been made that they separated South Orange from their main dispatch TG. The database now only has the TG to monitor the South Orange area and I can no longer hear Newark units being dispatched. I also notice their Operations being used as my scanner will stop at it very frequently, but there is no audio.

South Orange units are opering on REMCS-1, digital in the clear. Irvington and Newark units are operating on REMCS-2 (Ops), digital encrypted.

demar251

Hi everyone,

Newark EMS operates on REMCS 2, which is encrypted. You won't hear them.

Orange BLS (Provided by Saint Clares) operates on REMCS 1, which is in the clear. Supervisor is EMS 90 and BLS Units are EMS 91 & 92.

South Orange EMS also operates on REMCS 1. Both the day unit (RWJ 3-B-3) and the squad. The squad is still toned out for calls on REMCS 5 (155.295 PL 85.4) and then answer up on REMCS 1.

All Mutual Aid ALS units coming into the city make contact with REMCS on REMCS 1.

demar251

Well, that answers it : /

Wonder what made them want to go encrypted after all this time. Not even their PD is.

Irvington BLS Units as well as 32-42 (ALS Unit stationed in Irvington) all operate on COMM3 (North Operations) in addition to all the other RWJ ALS units operating in the North, which are all dispatched by MedCentral. REMCS only dispatches the Irvington Fire Department.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
Good news for those who are interested, as of earlier (Tuesday night) I noticed REMCS seemed to be back in the clear over their dispatch channel. I don't know if this is permanent but I've been hearing them steadily along with the usual Orange and South Orange units.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Would love to know the backstory on that.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
Would love to know the backstory on that.
From what I was told, it had a lot to do with the Covid pandemic. Then they had the FEMA EMS task force that came in thus the switch to UASI 4 for interoperability. EMS dispatch for Newark remained E until Tuesday. Not sure why that day they choose to go back to normal but I am sure glad they did.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I could really tell you the reason why but I don't want to start a fistfight here, the REMCS coordinator monitors radio reference.
But I will say this for them to be E for day to day operations is nothing short of ridiculous and will leave it at that in my professional opinion
as a career EMS chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.