remember WDX/WPE sw call signs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found my old WDX shortwave monitor paper from 1970.
Any body remember these? It was part of popular electronics magazine several years ago. I was in high school when I got it.
Just something fun to have. Did not mean a thing, just a way to register your shortwave station.
I also ember WPE call letters.

DW
So Cal

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I remember, but I've lost track of what it was. My "LP" as it existed in 1969. I believe that is a couple of years worth of Popular Electronis in the rack to the left.

--
Mike

Attachments

• Listening Post.jpg
    Listening Post.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 22

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Wow. An old star Roamer.. I use to think those were so cool S.W.radios
I had a hallicrafters then got a radio shack dx. 120

Have two at the moment. Both need a bit of TLC. I'm afraid one will become the donor to the other in the end. Neither are the one I assembled back in 1967.

--
Mike

riverrat373

Have two at the moment. Both need a bit of TLC. I'm afraid one will become the donor to the other in the end. Neither are the one I assembled back in 1967.

--
Mike
I got my WDX certificate back in the late 70's, I believe, but I lost it someplace in the last couple of years when I relocated my listening post. Don't remember what the call sign was. :cry: mbott you beat me by two years in building a Star Roamer. That's the radio that got me into SWL'ing!

JerryX

I had several friends who had WPE or WDX numbers back in the day, but I never bothered because I never saw the utility of having one. I'm not what you'd call a "joiner" either, so that aspect of them didn't appeal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.