• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Remember your CB radio call sign?

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
I remember wanting a 3x4 callsign so bad, and then when the license showed up (under my dad's name..I was only 14 or so) and it was a newer 4x4 callsign...I felt so inadequate, so rookie-like :censored:

Radiomatrix

Just curious how many of you old timers on here still remember your CB radio call sign from the '60s and '70s?
Hi, this is my first post here….i was very active on the AM side and SSB in late 70s. I had a call sign registration, lovely to find ly old logs with my cb handle or ssb station identifier…..never would have thought of it again.

steve9570

Member WSAG-457 -KB1-KZW- KCP-2441 CB-WA1-BZG
Premium Subscriber
KCP-2441 Boston Ma 1971 also (WA1-BZG) ham no longer in use

KB0BUT

I was the Blue Angel, KWH1561 when I got into CB in 1964, got my 2nd Class FCC ticket in 1972 while in the Air Force, ham license, KB0BUT in 1987, and GMRS license, WRWS569 this year. I got the GMRS one so I could help a fellow ham work on a GMRS repeater setup when I found that my ham license wasn't allowed.

steve9570

Member WSAG-457 -KB1-KZW- KCP-2441 CB-WA1-BZG
Premium Subscriber
KCP-2441 Boston MA Mid 1970s got my first tube rig in the 60s a Heath Kit 6 ch CB.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Nice to hear your stories, I got my CB call sign in late 1965 but my dad had to apply for it, KOG-0554, I was 12 years old LOL. Heavily into swl then as my dad was a ham.

My first radio was a used Lafayette he- 90 LOL. Enjoy the stories.

ki7be

KZX-6796 in the mid 70*s near Auburn NY. It was in my dad*s name I was 16 at the time. I had a 23 channel Midland mobile that he bought at the local hardware store. I had a Stardust antenna on the chimney.

pspc389

Premium Subscriber
king whiskey George 8491
Dad was Half Track, I was Brillo
1st radio for a graduation present the famed TRC 30a,
s-l500.jpg
then I bought a Midland Model 13-830 Cb Radio 23 Ch 1692859746847.png
and a 40" telescoping antenna on the trunk lid of my 68 ford fairlane